PDA

View Full Version : Rolls Royce engines - dreamliner

scooterscot
18th July 2010, 12:08
The most fuel efficient ever developed

BBC News - Dreamliner lands at Farnborough (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10676791?ls)

I'm looking more forward to flying on the dreamliner than the A380 after seeing inside the singapore 380, stack em pack em and rack em,

centurian
18th July 2010, 12:33
A380 is more about how each airline decides to lay out it's seating, rather than anything fundamental about it's comfort. An A380 could fly the same amount as a 747, but considerably more comfortable. But they can make more money by packing them in. Guess what they decide.

787 will be the same. Despite the layouts that are proposed, airlines will still want to pack them into a 31 inch seating pitch, which feels uncomfortable on any aircraft.

Window darkening function is cool though

Green Mango
18th July 2010, 17:35
A380 is more about how each airline decides to lay out it's seating, rather than anything fundamental about it's comfort. An A380 could fly the same amount as a 747, but considerably more comfortable. But they can make more money by packing them in. Guess what they decide.

787 will be the same. Despite the layouts that are proposed, airlines will still want to pack them into a 31 inch seating pitch, which feels uncomfortable on any aircraft.

Window darkening function is cool though

Apparently the Dreamliner will be doing a fly over of some Aerospace sites during the week....

cojak
18th July 2010, 17:59
The Dreamliner is flying over Derby accompanied by a Spitfire and a Hurricane.

Strapped under the DL's wings, probably.

centurian
18th July 2010, 19:20
Looks like a pretty short runway landing too.

Yeah, that was some reverse thrust and/or brakes.

But it was an empty plane, so considerably less inertia that having 100s of passengers/luggage on board.

xoggoth
18th July 2010, 19:20
How long before RR gets taken over by Kentucky Fried Chicken?

scooterscot
18th July 2010, 19:25
How long before RR gets taken over by Kentucky Fried Chicken?

As soon as the the engines overheat and melt the fuselage,

Gibbon
19th July 2010, 06:26
The most fuel efficient ever developed

BBC News - Dreamliner lands at Farnborough (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10676791?ls)

I'm looking more forward to flying on the dreamliner than the A380 after seeing inside the singapore 380, stack em pack em and rack em,

Ahem, I wouldn't be so keen myself, but then again I know how shite my code is :D

Doggy Styles
19th July 2010, 08:43
Ahem, I wouldn't be so keen myself, but then again I know how tulipe my code is :DSo Bob didn't do it then?

Gibbon
19th July 2010, 08:50
So Bob didn't do it then?

No, Bob does do some unit testing though. They also did the Fuel computer acceptance testing.