PDA

View Full Version : Blu-Ray bulltulip

suityou01
18th July 2010, 16:44
Just bought a blu-ray player. Chap in the shop raved about it. Wireless ready!! Wow!

Got it home and out of the box and a couple of things grabbed me :

1) There is no hdmi cable, so I have to use the phono leads. So not getting true blu-ray hi def.
2) When you plug it in and go through the setup menu, and go into the wireless settings it says "Please make sure the wireless LAN adpater is plugged in". I checked the box (with the words "Wireless ready" stamped on it) and lo and behold, no wireless adaptor.

Shame on you Samsung you lieing bastards!

:tantrum:

Zippy
18th July 2010, 16:48
Ah beware <anything> ready. It's a bloody con.
Take it back.

d000hg
18th July 2010, 17:42
I tend to find I buy a separate HDMI cable because it doesn't say online it comes with one, and there's one in the box.

In this case just take it back.

Out of interest what does a blu-ray player use net access for? Content control?

suityou01
18th July 2010, 18:15
I tend to find I buy a separate HDMI cable because it doesn't say online it comes with one, and there's one in the box.

In this case just take it back.

Out of interest what does a blu-ray player use net access for? Content control?

Firmware updates and internet TV.

BolshieBastard
18th July 2010, 19:07
Just bought a blu-ray player. Chap in the shop raved about it. Wireless ready!! Wow!

Got it home and out of the box and a couple of things grabbed me :

1) There is no hdmi cable, so I have to use the phono leads. So not getting true blu-ray hi def.
2) When you plug it in and go through the setup menu, and go into the wireless settings it says "Please make sure the wireless LAN adpater is plugged in". I checked the box (with the words "Wireless ready" stamped on it) and lo and behold, no wireless adaptor.

Shame on you Samsung you lieing bastards!

:tantrum:

Yerrrs. Wireless ready doesnt mean the wireless adaptor is included. That would be wireless fitted.

suityou01
18th July 2010, 19:14
Yerrrs. Wireless ready doesnt mean the wireless adaptor is included. That would be wireless fitted.

Indeed. In which case every pre wireless PC and laptop is also wireless ready. My car is air con ready, all you need to do is fit an air con unit.

Samsung, look out. I am taking this the whole nine yards. :mad

scooterscot
18th July 2010, 19:31
:rollin: Oh jeez I nearly cracked myself up...

Clippy
18th July 2010, 19:51
What model player is it?

The Sony BDP-S370 (http://www.sony.co.uk/product/blu-ray-disc-player/bdp-s370) is meant to be a great entry level player.

doodab
18th July 2010, 20:13
So you bought a blu-ray player, you're complaining that it came without a wire, and now you're complaining that it said wireless on the box?

There is no pleasing some people.

suityou01
18th July 2010, 20:24
So you bought a blu-ray player, you're complaining that it came without a wire, and now you're complaining that it said wireless on the box?

There is no pleasing some people.

I like the cut er yer jib young doodab. Why not pop round for dinner with Zippy? We're having "fromage au pain de mouldy". Yum!

:wink

doodab
19th July 2010, 07:35
I like the cut er yer jib young doodab. Why not pop round for dinner with Zippy? We're having "fromage au pain de mouldy". Yum!

:wink

Did you know that Quorn is derived from a mould originally discovered in a barn in Buckinghamshire.

Could be a good plan B....

Scrag Meister
19th July 2010, 07:40
PS3, nuff said.

SupremeSpod
19th July 2010, 08:19
PS3, nuff said.

WHS++;

norrahe
19th July 2010, 09:53
PS3, nuff said.

Build yer own.

original PM
19th July 2010, 10:28
what those guys said about the PS3

can confirm that is wireless ready without any adapters

need to buy an HDMI cable though but at a tenner from your local blockbuster that should not break the bank.