• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clientco Perks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clientco Perks?

Anyone get any good perks from Clientco?

Discovered last week that all staff here (including contractors) are eligible for discounted software under the "Microsoft Home Use Program". I bagged myself copies of Office 2010 Pro, Visio Pro 2010 and Project Pro 2010 for $15 AUD each.

Decided to splash out extra and get backup DVDs too Seems pretty good.

Any other good Clientco offers out there?

Good points; are the roof top canteen (I of 4) with BBQ lunch and endless supplies of cold sparkling water.

Bad points; are the endless supplies of cake, sweets and chocolate, I can't help myself
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post

Discovered last week that all staff here (including contractors) are eligible for discounted software under the "Microsoft Home Use Program". I bagged myself copies of Office 2010 Pro, Visio Pro 2010 and Project Pro 2010 for $15 AUD each.

Do they offer all their suppliers the same perks, or just their employees?

If they don't offer the same deal to Joe the Plumber, then you are looking more like an employee than a supplier.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post

My Clientco is expressly prohibiting contractors from taking part in it's free 2010 Office to the perms largesse

You must be a disguised employee
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          If they don't offer the same deal to Joe the Plumber, then you are looking more like an employee than a supplier.
          As he is down under, that may, or may not be a factor in whatever is the IR35 equivalent.

But yes, over here, I would be horrified if I was offered "employee" benefits.

Comment

I've often had subsidised canteens and suchlike. These are often "what flavour of chicken tonight are we having today" but the current one isn't too bad. One place had it's own starbucks, which was nice, and another had free ice creams.

The best things I've had as freebies are a sailing weekend on a proper ocean racing yacht (it once held the record for a monohull for distance covered in 24 hours), internet access (as in my personal box sat in a rack and plugged into a switch connected to a router two hops from the LINX), a few go karting jollies, and skiing weekends.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Do they offer all their suppliers the same perks, or just their employees?

My thoughts exactly!

'Employees' or anyone wanting to be an 'employee' can have the 'perks' as far as Im concerned.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                My Clientco is expressly prohibiting contractors from taking part in it's free 2010 Office to the perms largesse

You must be a disguised employee
                No perks at clientco.

I asked today during a chat whether they had a fitness studio onsite but the reply was 'i'd like you to concentrate on business please!'

Nice. :-(
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  No perks at clientco.

I asked today during a chat whether they had a fitness studio onsite but the reply was 'i'd like you to concentrate on business please!'

Nice. :-(
                  Surely you can just jog home? Or cycle to work, that should be easy enough? You can be fit and green. Like the incredible hulk.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Oh my god! I've been drinking free tea and coffee at my last 10 clients!

And using clientco toilet roll.

Comment

Working...
                    X