• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roundabouts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roundabouts

And bypasses. Don't you just hate them? I had to drive to Swindon via the A350 to Chippenham today and I counted 36 of them. The problem is with these roads is that they all look the same and you could be anywhere and that means you are forever taking the wrong turning and getting in the wrong lanes etc. Even the vegetation they plant alongside these roads looks fake. Tell you what, when I go back tonight I'm going to drive back through all the villages this bypass was built to avoid and give the old Tercel a few revs as I'm passing through just to voice my disapproval at their damn bypass.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    And bypasses. Don't you just hate them? I had to drive to Swindon via the A350 to Chippenham today and I counted 36 of them. The problem is with these roads is that they all look the same and you could be anywhere and that means you are forever taking the wrong turning and getting in the wrong lanes etc. Even the vegetation they plant alongside these roads looks fake. Tell you what, when I go back tonight I'm going to drive back through all the villages this bypass was built to avoid and give the old Tercel a few revs as I'm passing through just to voice my disapproval at their damn bypass.
    Buy yourself a Tom Tom you skinflint.

HTH
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It's Swindon, innit? They have an unhealthy fascination with roundabouts.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

They were definitely high when they designed that one.

"Man I've got a great idea, one big roundabout surrounded by lots of little ones. It'll look pretty."

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post

"Man I've got a great idea, one big roundabout surrounded by lots of little ones. It'll look pretty."
          It's great, you can actually drive round it "anti-clockwise"...

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post

It was obviously Dylan.

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Once you've done it, it's the only way.

I was genuinely surprised how fast a rush hour queue could get through it. It does seem to work.
            Last edited by Sysman; 19 July 2010, 12:25. Reason: added a bit
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

You have to drive around the inner one anti-clockwise.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                You have to drive around the inner one anti-clockwise.

Good, innit?

Comment

Good, innit?
                  Mrs SB had to go across there on her driving test. And she passed first time too.
                  Spooky!!!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Mrs SB had to go across there on her driving test. And she passed first time too.
                    Spooky!!!
                    It defies all logic, what does that tell you about Mrs SB?

Comment

Working...
                    X