• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bleeding Greedy Bankers!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding Greedy Bankers!!!

BBC News - Vince Cable: Banks continue to rip customers off

On a personal note, I seldom use cheques these days. However, a few weeks ago I wrote one for £20 for school photos for SB05. Kind of forgot about it in the intervening period. My fault I admit, but I am a busy man!
    Dosh usually goes into Bank on 20th of month, but on saturday, whilst checking my balance online, I noticed that said rogue cheque had been submitted on Friday, and this had taken me over my agreed limit. Was unable to get to Bank to top account up to cover cost of this cheque until first thing today.
    Was told by bank that as it had already been submitted, I would now be liable for a £20 fee for unauthorised overdraft.
    Twas a bit foolish of me to forget about this cheque admittedly, but it was written so long ago, however my point is this. Had someone been paying that cheque INTO my account on Friday, I would not have been able to access the funds first thing today. So the fact that I put sufficient cash into my account first thing today ought to have been enough for them to waive any fees IMHO. They eventually agreed to half it to a £10 charge, but FFS!!! I helped to bail those barstewards out when they cocked up!! Bit of reciprocation would have been nice!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    BBC News - Vince Cable: Banks continue to rip customers off

On a personal note, I seldom use cheques these days. However, a few weeks ago I wrote one for £20 for school photos for SB05. Kind of forgot about it in the intervening period. My fault I admit, but I am a busy man!
    Dosh usually goes into Bank on 20th of month, but on saturday, whilst checking my balance online, I noticed that said rogue cheque had been submitted on Friday, and this had taken me over my agreed limit. Was unable to get to Bank to top account up to cover cost of this cheque until first thing today.
    Was told by bank that as it had already been submitted, I would now be liable for a £20 fee for unauthorised overdraft.
    Twas a bit foolish of me to forget about this cheque admittedly, but it was written so long ago, however my point is this. Had someone been paying that cheque INTO my account on Friday, I would not have been able to access the funds first thing today. So the fact that I put sufficient cash into my account first thing today ought to have been enough for them to waive any fees IMHO. They eventually agreed to half it to a £10 charge, but FFS!!! I helped to bail those barstewards out when they cocked up!! Bit of reciprocation would have been nice!!

£20 took you over your limit?
    What do you do for a living, fer God's sake - are you the janitor's assistant deputy?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      £20 took you over your limit?
      What do you do for a living, fer God's sake - are you the janitor's assistant deputy?
      No point in keeping much in there as it earns me feck-all interest. It is merely an account for servicing the household bills.
      Someone with brains could have worked that out. Hence I have explained it to you in some detail.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
      X