• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You can now almost Smell the end of IR35 - New announcement!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can now almost Smell the end of IR35 - New announcement!

This is now being reported from BBC News on the annoucement of the new office for Tax Simplification.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10691779

"The "spaghetti bowl" of UK tax law is to be simplified to cut the burden on business and attract foreign investment, George Osborne has said."

It specifically mentions IR35 as being one of the first of two reviews:

"The new body will initially conduct two reviews - streamlining 400 tax reliefs, allowances and exemptions and simplifying the tax system for small businesses, including a simpler alternative to the controversial IR35 code."

Can you just smell it????? LOL

Originally posted by rawly View Post
    "The new body will initially conduct two reviews - streamlining 400 tax reliefs, allowances and exemptions and simplifying the tax system for small businesses, including a simpler, much more expensive alternative to the controversial IR35 code."
    Fixed

Still, I expect most of us would welcome some clarity even if that does mean paying a bit more tax than the current system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
      Fixed

Still, I expect most of us would welcome some clarity even if that does mean paying a bit more tax than the current system.
      CIS for IT contractors is a mere 6 months away!
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        CIS for IT contractors is a mere 6 months away!
        Bollocks. Not even in the same ball park.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Bollocks. Not even in the same ball park.
          Care to share how it will work then?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

This makes me glum
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Care to share how it will work then?
              No idea but the CIS scheme came about as a result of both mass self-deception in the building trade and a refusal to deal with HMG as a concerted group. We aren't in that position, nor do any of the CIS parameters apply to us.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Fantastic news. This is the end of IR35! Everything will be fixed by the Conservatives!

They may bin the cycle to work free breakfast scheme while they're at it, but it would be small price to pay.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  Fantastic news. This is the end of IR35! Everything will be fixed by the Conservatives!

They may bin the cycle to work free breakfast scheme while they're at it, but it would be small price to pay.
                  Please tell me this is done with <sarcasm> tags that I am missing? You want the end of IR35 and instead a flat scheme that will capture us all, including those outside IR35 and slap us with a bill we have been quite rightfully able to avoid?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    No idea but the CIS scheme came about as a result of both mass self-deception in the building trade and a refusal to deal with HMG as a concerted group. We aren't in that position, nor do any of the CIS parameters apply to us.
                    Nope, but I can guarantee they will look at CIS as a success story for dealing with contractors (even though it doesn't really apply).

They may or may not base the rules on sub or super set of the CIS rules.

Comment

Working...
                    X