PDA

View Full Version : New gig

Mich the Tester
20th July 2010, 12:40
Not shouting 'boomed' as I know some people are struggling, especially with the holiday season, but I just heard I can start a new gig on Friday in Den Haag. An old colleague from my permie days runs an outsourced testing company and he's got a major new project for at least 3 months; his clientco have hired me without even an interview.

Pondlife
20th July 2010, 12:44
Congrats

SupremeSpod
20th July 2010, 12:53
Congrats

Whs.

Zippy
20th July 2010, 12:55
Oh go on - you can have a Boomed-ette :yay:

Mich the Tester
20th July 2010, 12:56
Whs.
Must get started booking hotels and restaurants now.:happy

MarillionFan
20th July 2010, 13:13
Must get started booking hotels and restaurants now.:happy

You bastard!

People are benched and you're boasting about work, plush hotels, fast cars, hookers and swanky restaurants!!!!:mad

Mich the Tester
20th July 2010, 13:17
You bastard!

People are benched and you're boasting about work, plush hotels, fast cars, hookers and swanky restaurants!!!!:mad
I'm not boasting at all; that's why I didn't call the thread 'boomed'. Just a practical note that one's sleeping and eating arrangements must be made.

As an aside, I had another interview planned for tomorrow; just called that off and agent is very upset; apparently there were to be two candidates, the other one being a 'patsy', i.e. a candidate with no hope deliberately sent for no other aim than to comply with HR procedures. Silly bugger should have told me that beforehand.

NickFitz
20th July 2010, 13:24
:music:
:banana: BOOMED! :banana:
:yay:

Mich the Tester
20th July 2010, 14:07
You bastard!

Are you benched right now?

Are there still lots of benchers or are things improving?

Here in Holland, things were tulipe all through 2009, improved for a while in Q1 2010 into april and may, then collapsed again in june and july, and now since last friday my phone has been overheating and I've had 3 certain gigs to choose from in 2 days. The budgets must just have been opened up again.

Zippy
20th July 2010, 14:10
You bastard!

It's nice to get good news about people.

administrator
20th July 2010, 16:07
:music:
:banana: BOOMED! :banana:
:yay:

Beat me to it :D Nice one Mich :banana:

norrahe
20th July 2010, 16:27
Congrats!

Would use the yay smilie but they still don't work from Android phones.

SupremeSpod
20th July 2010, 16:31
Congrats!

:yay: What's wrong with just typing the code :yay:

:yay : <--- remove the space?

That gentlemen, is why girlies are sh!te with technology...

Zippy
20th July 2010, 16:36

That gentlemen is why girlies are sh!te with technology...

:verythinice:

SupremeSpod
20th July 2010, 16:45
Congrats!

Just because you can't see the smileys doesn't mean that we can't.

SupremeSpod
20th July 2010, 16:46
:verythinice:

Put 'em up!

Your zipmogs don't frighten me...

moorfield
20th July 2010, 16:50
Anything but Amstelveen! Congrats. :yay:

Mich the Tester
20th July 2010, 16:52
Anything but Amstelveen! Congrats. :yay:
cheers

Amstelveen's a dull place, but if you stay in Aalsmeer it's OK; quiet, but hotel Aalsmeer's quite reasonably priced and very comfortable (just don't even think of asking the owner for discount though), and there are one or two nice places to eat. Den Haag is better though. I think I'll stay in Haarlem again for the first week until I've found somewhere to stay in Leiden or Delft.

SupremeSpod
20th July 2010, 16:53
cheers

Amstelveen's a dull place, but if you stay in Aalsmeer it's OK; quiet, but hotel Aalsmeer's quite reasonably priced and very comfortable (just don't even think of asking the owner for discount though), and there are one or two nice places to eat. Den Haag is better though. I think I'll stay in Haarlem again for the first week until I've found somewhere to stay in Leiden or Delft.

Whs++;

Zippy
20th July 2010, 16:58
cheers

I like Delft but have never stayed there (just been out for some refreshments)

Mich the Tester
20th July 2010, 16:59
Whs++;I spent about 6 months there 5 years ago; amazingly, their prices are still the same. I used to eat at the Halve Maen, the Oude Veiling, and sometimes in the pizza place around the corner. All in all quite a pleasant place. At least, it was then.

norrahe
20th July 2010, 17:48
Just because you can't see the smileys doesn't mean that we can't.

they just don't work.

but back to the op, let us know what Delft is like as its one of the areas I'm considering when we move over.

darmstadt
20th July 2010, 18:55
they just don't work.

but back to the op, let us know what Delft is like as its one of the areas I'm considering when we move over.

I was working near Delft and was recommended to stay there, lovely town but will never stay again. Stayed in the Museumhotel and bloody church bells rang all night. Even the hotel at Rotterdam airport was better as the flights don't start until 6am...

darmstadt
20th July 2010, 18:57
Nice one, beers on you then?

http://kuteizzah.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/bom-boom-bomb.jpged!!!

Durbs
20th July 2010, 19:02
Den Haag is better though. I think I'll stay in Haarlem again for the first week until I've found somewhere to stay in Leiden or Delft.

Stayed here: Hotel Leeuwenbrug - Delft, more than a day trip (http://www.leeuwenbrug.nl/) a good few times, s'nice.

Sysman
20th July 2010, 19:05
I was working near Delft and was recommended to stay there, lovely town but will never stay again. Stayed in the Museumhotel and bloody church bells rang all night. Even the hotel at Rotterdam airport was better as the flights don't start until 6am...

I got stuck in a place like that in Switzerland for a couple of weeks. Intrusively loud church bells every quarter of an hour through the night. Never again, no matter how nice the accommodation.

Pogle
20th July 2010, 19:08

That gentlemen, is why girlies are sh!te with technology...

............ must control fist of death.......

Pogle
20th July 2010, 19:09
:uofftopic

Oy Mitch - aren't you getting wed soon???

Zippy
20th July 2010, 19:12

Please don't :devil

Pogle
20th July 2010, 19:30

Oh OK then :ladybags:

norrahe
20th July 2010, 19:55

We can beat 'im up at the summer bash :D

if anyone turns up :frown

SupremeSpod
20th July 2010, 20:37

We can beat 'im up at the summer bash :D

if anyone turns up :frown

Not like me to upset anyone, painters in?

Zippy
20th July 2010, 20:45

:rollin:

norrahe
20th July 2010, 21:11

Well they were decorating the office at the clientco last week, does that count? :rolleyes: