• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In the tulip at Clientco!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the tulip at Clientco!

Having a nightmare. 2nd day in and the client is questioning every step I take within my approach to investigating Business requirements.

Rejected my request for access to their existing DWH, stating it wasn't necessary for requirements gathering. Which in theory is true, if you believe in a classical waterfall approach.

I'm much more used to hands on. Client questioned and then rejected my requests for access.

Then when I questioned the lack of documentation on the work processes, it transpired that the documentation I reviewed I didnt understand it was specific to the industry they are in. I interviewed on subject area A, they are on B. But they sound similar.

I'm well and truly fooked here.
    We have a review tomorrow and I believe that I will be OUT!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

'kin ell MF - that didn't take long. Looking on the bright side you'll be able to go on holiday after all.

PS this is a wind-up isn't it?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Having a nightmare. 2nd day in and the client is questioning every step I take within my approach to investigating Business requirements.

Rejected my request for access to their existing DWH, stating it wasn't necessary for requirements gathering. Which in theory is true, if you believe in a classical waterfall approach.

I'm much more used to hands on. Client questioned and then rejected my requests for access.

Then when I questioned the lack of documentation on the work processes, it transpired that the documentation I reviewed I didnt understand it was specific to the industry they are in. I interviewed on subject area A, they are on B. But they sound similar.

Two days to find out you're sh!te? Is that a record?

A tip - give the customer what he/she says they want.

Comment

Tell them you're motivated to do things according to their approach and you'll be fine. By the sounds of it, you'll be able to drag this out for a long time if that's how they go about things.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          Two days to find out you're sh!te? Is that a record?

Were talking two different languages here.

This is a ******* nightmare.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I believe in a classical waterfall approach while somebody else is paying.

Comment

Has anyone pissed on your shoes yet?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

I interviewed on subject area A, they are on B. But they sound similar.(
                More clues. What are A and B?

Are you just gathering requirements or involved in the later stages as well?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Ooh no. If he cuts them off and puts them on a plate now he won't be able to sew them back on.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

whs + a hefty invoice

Comment

Working...
                    X