• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's been one of those days

Just when you think you're getting somewhere, someone else's ineptitude just tulips on it

Nuff said!

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Just when you think you're getting somewhere, someone else's ineptitude just tulips on it

Nuff said!

Does that inept person earn more than you, the same, or less?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Nuff said!

Oh dear. I recommend a glass or two of something refreshing. I'm hearing similar mutterings from the office today, but I have applied a large glass of vino and things seem to be better.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Does that inept person earn more than you, the same, or less?
        I don't care, they haven't a clue how to run a project and as a result mine and someone elses project is clearing up their crap, just because managment haven't the balls to kick them out and get someone in who's competent.

It's like watching a car crash.

As long as said managment knows that I'm clearing up the mess, to ensure that my project actually works, I don't care.

I think it's beer o'clock now!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

You and me, kiddoh.

This afternoon I got flamed by a senior manager at a stakeholder's meeting who trashed me, my work, my project and my programme.

Apparently Clientco had tried the same business change 3 years ago, spent oodles of money producing something that everyone had ignored. And why hadn't we learned those lessons?

I didn't respond that since he was on the programme board 1) he should have mentioned this previous project because no-one else knew about it and 2) he approved the business case and PID.

What I did do however was to stay calm and deal with his ranting rationally, which only made him angrier.

I didn't realise that I might enjoy what to the rest of the audience was a horrible experience (it stopped being a meeting and quickly became theatre). But I did - I've done my job well, others will have to pick up the pieces.

So I have no idea what work I'll be doing tomorrow (apart from invoicing, obviously).

He hasn't even go the satisfaction of cancelling my contract because I'm into my notice period.

Ah well, the life of a contractor, eh?
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            You and me, kiddoh.

This afternoon I got flamed by a senior manager at a stakeholder's meeting who trashed me, my work, my project and my programme.

Apparently Clientco had tried the same business change 3 years ago, spent oodles of money producing something that everyone had ignored. And why hadn't we learned those lessons?

I didn't respond that since he was on the programme board 1) he should have mentioned this previous project because no-one else knew about it and 2) he approved the business case and PID.

What I did do however was to stay calm and deal with his ranting rationally, which only made him angrier.

I didn't realise that I might enjoy what to the rest of the audience was a horrible experience (it stopped being a meeting and quickly became theatre). But I did - I've done my job well, others will have to pick up the pieces.

So I have no idea what work I'll be doing tomorrow (apart from invoicing, obviously).

He hasn't even go the satisfaction of cancelling my contract because I'm into my notice period.

Ah! It's all fun isnt it.

I had a one hour chat with the client yesterday, I havent spoken to anyone else and I've looked at some diagrams.

He would like the project scope document tomorrow, so we can review to see I if I understand what he said.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Of course he will - you're smart and quick and BA work is BA work it requires logic and common sense, mainly.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                You and me, kiddoh.

He's insecure, he knows he's screwed up and his failure to intimidate you has made him feel even smaller. He was banking on a bit of grandstanding and bluster to dig him out of the hole he's in.
                Enjoy ...
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  He's insecure, he knows he's screwed up and his failure to intimidate you has made him feel even smaller. He was banking on a bit of grandstanding and bluster to dig him out of the hole he's in.
                  Enjoy ...
                  And I bet he's got a REALLY teeny penis - mouse meat
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I remember my first big management meeting, I was "just a developer", quite new to contracting (and work in general, I was only a few years out of uni). I sat there for a couple of hours, it was quite clear I had no reason to be there, other than the fact the person that had volunteered me had taken me under his wing and was in the process of giving me an education, and around an hour after lunchtime should have started I decided to leave.

As I made my way to the door one of the big cheeses, who did a very good impression of Michael Caine for someone who wasn't trying to, enquired "where are you going?".

I replied "for a number two".

You just don't get to have that sort of fun any more.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X