PDA

View Full Version : How to win voters and influence people (in scotland)

scooterscot
20th July 2010, 20:12
So today Mr camoron ran over to Obama saying "I told them, a year ago, they should never have realised Mr Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi, but would they listen"

Then at home he says that aircraft carrier projects in Rosyth could be scrapped as well as faslane, taking a huge amount of jobs with it.

Is this some sort of punishment because no one in Scotland voted Tory? They shall loose their 1 and only seat in Scotland come the next election. Way to go...

Doggy Styles
20th July 2010, 21:22
Yes, the Scots should announce unilateral independence. Then they would have the Labour government that they patently desire, in perpetuity. :wink

Gordon might even make a comeback as Scottish Prime Minister. At least having to explain the Lockerbie decision is one way to get Obama to recognise his existence.

On a serious note, are the carriers really needed, or just jobs for the boys? I've not been following it.

Spacecadet
20th July 2010, 21:26
So today Mr camoron ran over to Obama saying "I told them, a year ago, they should never have realised Mr Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi, but would they listen"
Most of britain seems to think he shouldn't have been released

Then at home he says that aircraft carrier projects in Rosyth could be scrapped as well as faslane, taking a huge amount of jobs with it.
Should save the tax payer millions (if not billions)

Is this some sort of punishment because no one in Scotland voted Tory? They shall loose their 1 and only seat in Scotland come the next election. Way to go...
Nope, it's just common sense

SupremeSpod
20th July 2010, 21:26

Probably in retaliation for the damage your lot caused in the last government.

Scotland means f**k all votes wise now there's a coalition. I'd give you lot independence tomorrow.

AtW
20th July 2010, 21:43
I'd give you lot independence tomorrow.

Quiet.

Scotland will join UNs security council as one of a few nuclear weapons wielding countries...

SupremeSpod
20th July 2010, 21:45
Quiet.

Scotland will join UNs security council as one of a few nuclear weapons wielding countries...

:tumble:

AtW
20th July 2010, 21:49
:tumble:

I am glad you for your old name back, I have people who change nicknames... :eyes

moorfield
20th July 2010, 21:50
Is this some sort of punishment because no one in Scotland voted Tory?

Nope it's punishment for those Scottish Bankers that pi**ed it all away making those stoopid English pensioners vote for Nick.

Moscow Mule
20th July 2010, 21:59
On a serious note, are the carriers really needed, or just jobs for the boys? I've not been following it.

The current crop of carriers were built in the late 1970's with an estimated life span of 30 years. They are coming to the end of their life, but could probably be extended for another 10-15 years at a push.

If we want Britain to continue to be one of the foremost military powers in the world, then new carriers are essential.

If we don't then we could probably get away with building a couple of Ocean class amphibious assault ships with a shortened runway / VSTOL ramp.

AtW
20th July 2010, 22:06
I say scrap those carriers and make one good spaceship - then take off and nuke sites from orbit. :smokin

SupremeSpod
20th July 2010, 22:08
I say scrap those carriers and make one good spaceship - then take off and nuke sites from orbit. :smokin

But then, you're not entirely familiar with reality, are you?

AtW
20th July 2010, 22:10
But then, you're not entirely familiar with reality, are you?

Reality is something that depends very much on a point of view.

Say for you reality is that pissing at lamposts is ok, for me it isn't. :eyes

moorfield
20th July 2010, 22:16
I say scrap those carriers and

build more metal bars on more Scottish prisons

AtW
20th July 2010, 22:22
build more metal bars on more Scottish prisons

Actually not a bad idea - there are not enough prisons in this country, and allegedly it costs £45k per prisoner per year, so Scotland has got lots of space and some remote place can be used for a prison: extra 100,000 spaces charged out at £10k each would make cool £1 bln per annum ...

shaunbhoy
21st July 2010, 08:22
Actually not a bad idea - there are not enough prisons in this country, and allegedly it costs £45k per prisoner per year, so Scotland has got lots of space and some remote place can be used for a prison: extra 100,000 spaces charged out at £10k each would make cool £1 bln per annum ...

Scotland has an abundance of small offshore islands surrounded by very cold water with treacherous currents. Can't see why it need be so very expensive to house our prisoners on some of those. Let the villains build their own accommodation in order to get out of the tents that are supplied. That would certainly remind them of the punishment aspect of their sentences, and the rehab segment would be gleaned from the building skills they would acquire. Watch the reoffending rates plummet too. And when we have a surplus of Remote Island Prison Spaces (RIPS for short!!), they could then constitute our liabilities where Asylum Seekers are concerned. Sorted!!

Vote for the SB Party. Policies for a more harmonious Britain!!

:banana:

moorfield
21st July 2010, 08:41
Let the villains build their own accommodation in order to get out of the tents that are supplied.

And televise it. Celebrity Prison Island. I wouldn't want to be the lag doing the soap challenge mind. :eek

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 08:42
Scotland has an abundance of small offshore islands surrounded by very cold water with treacherous currents. Can't see why it need be so very expensive to house our prisoners on some of those. Let the villains build their own accommodation in order to get out of the tents that are supplied. That would certainly remind them of the punishment aspect of their sentences, and the rehab segment would be gleaned from the building skills they would acquire. Watch the reoffending rates plummet too. And when we have a surplus of Remote Island Prison Spaces (RIPS for short!!), they could then constitute our liabilities where Asylum Seekers are concerned. Sorted!!

Vote for the SB Party. Policies for a more harmonious Britain!!

:banana:

"Escape from Orkney!" - has a certain ring" to it...