• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to win voters and influence people (in scotland)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to win voters and influence people (in scotland)

So today Mr camoron ran over to Obama saying "I told them, a year ago, they should never have realised Mr Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi, but would they listen"

Then at home he says that aircraft carrier projects in Rosyth could be scrapped as well as faslane, taking a huge amount of jobs with it.

Is this some sort of punishment because no one in Scotland voted Tory? They shall loose their 1 and only seat in Scotland come the next election. Way to go...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Yes, the Scots should announce unilateral independence. Then they would have the Labour government that they patently desire, in perpetuity.

Gordon might even make a comeback as Scottish Prime Minister. At least having to explain the Lockerbie decision is one way to get Obama to recognise his existence.

On a serious note, are the carriers really needed, or just jobs for the boys? I've not been following it.
    Last edited by Doggy Styles; 20 July 2010, 21:24.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      So today Mr camoron ran over to Obama saying "I told them, a year ago, they should never have realised Mr Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi, but would they listen"
      Most of britain seems to think he shouldn't have been released

Then at home he says that aircraft carrier projects in Rosyth could be scrapped as well as faslane, taking a huge amount of jobs with it.
      Should save the tax payer millions (if not billions)

Is this some sort of punishment because no one in Scotland voted Tory? They shall loose their 1 and only seat in Scotland come the next election. Way to go...
      Nope, it's just common sense
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Probably in retaliation for the damage your lot caused in the last government.

Scotland means f**k all votes wise now there's a coalition. I'd give you lot independence tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          I'd give you lot independence tomorrow.
          Quiet.

Scotland will join UNs security council as one of a few nuclear weapons wielding countries...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Quiet.

Scotland will join UNs security council as one of a few nuclear weapons wielding countries...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              I am glad you for your old name back, I have people who change nicknames...

Comment

Is this some sort of punishment because no one in Scotland voted Tory?
                Nope it's punishment for those Scottish Bankers that pi**ed it all away making those stoopid English pensioners vote for Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  On a serious note, are the carriers really needed, or just jobs for the boys? I've not been following it.
                  The current crop of carriers were built in the late 1970's with an estimated life span of 30 years. They are coming to the end of their life, but could probably be extended for another 10-15 years at a push.

If we want Britain to continue to be one of the foremost military powers in the world, then new carriers are essential.

If we don't then we could probably get away with building a couple of Ocean class amphibious assault ships with a shortened runway / VSTOL ramp.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I say scrap those carriers and make one good spaceship - then take off and nuke sites from orbit.

Comment

Working...
                    X