• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the Church of Scientology 'stupid'?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rozzers, if you're reading, I'm asking the question, not stating the obvious.
    Yes
    68.42%
    No
    10.53%
    AndyW is the new Jesus
    21.05%

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Rozzers, if you're reading, I'm asking the question, not stating the obvious.
    I believe I'm correct in saying that if you were - hypothetically of course - to call them a deluded bunch of loonies, it would be a civil matter and the rozzers would not be involved.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Poll is not expansive enough. Yes does not go far enough. (looks over shoulder at black car that's just pulled up)

Comment

So who's sockpuppet is going to vote first in this public poll then?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          I'd have to say no. They can't be that stupid if they have managed to convince so many people to part with their cash.

The main man Mr Hubbard reminds me a lot of our own dear Craig. Though I don't think Craig has ever (yet) claimed to be a nuclear physicist or immortal.

Comment

Not sure about the AndyW option. Jesus isn't related to Scientology, it's that Hubble guy. Not sure if it's the one who made the telescope or the bubblegum. Maybe it's the same fellow for all 3? Maybe it should be "AndyW is the new Mother Hubbard"...
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

I believe I'm correct in saying that if you were - hypothetically of course - to call them a deluded bunch of loonies, it would be a civil matter and the rozzers would not be involved.
                In my opinion they are a deluded bunch of loonies.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Russell Miller's book Bare-faced Messiah is well worth reading:
                  While researching the book in the USA, Miller was spied on. His friends and business associates also received hostile visits from Scientologists and private detectives. Attempts were made to frame him for the murder of a London private detective, the murder of American singer Dean Reed in East Berlin and a fire in an aircraft factory.

Comment

I had this lined up for MLFTB, but it makes more sense to post it in this thread: The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power, a classic Time article about Scientology. There's also a lot more stuff linked to from that site.

"Margery Wakefield"'s semi-fictional account based on her own experiences is particularly interesting.

I would imagine that CUK will be afflicted by some form of legal action over this thread in the very near future: that's what Scientology does. Those of us who have voted against them will also be persecuted

Admin: any chance of changing this to a private poll before CUK is shut down forever by the Operating Thetans' legal army

Comment

Working...
                    X