PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Locations

ads1980
21st July 2010, 15:16
As we are in the holiday period, I thought I would ask where everyone is planning on going or where people can recommend? I have booked a week in Kefalonia with the Mrs but where is everyone else heading to?

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 15:25
As we are in the holiday period, I thought I would ask where everyone is planning on going or where people can recommend? I have booked a week in Kefalonia with the Mrs but where is everyone else heading to?

FFS, this place is turning into Mumsnet.

Zippy
21st July 2010, 15:38

Yes, I've noticed the language has taken a turn for the worse.

ads1980
21st July 2010, 16:21

So I guess you would be recommending Brighton then? :laugh

TimberWolf
21st July 2010, 16:32
Go to the Ryanair web site and click "map". Europe is your (cheap) oyster. If only they did hotels too.

Speaking of which, there seems to be very little information on the internet about the "Penny Hang". Apparently people (usually drunk sailors) used to pay to slump over a rope in a basement :confused: I would rather sleep for free under a tree myself. In fact the paid-for penny 'sleep on your feet and do yourself an injury on a rope' option seems like something I would want to avoid. Weird.

MarillionFan
21st July 2010, 16:52

Don't be silly.

I for one am going on holiday to a lovely caravan park with my DW, DD1 and DS1 as well as DWFIL, DWMIL, DWSIL, DWBIL and DWSILDS1 and DWSILDS2.

Of course also coming along is the dog, or DWFILDOGGY1 as we call him here.

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 16:58
So I guess you would be recommending Brighton then? :laugh

Never been so couldn't comment.

Waldorf
22nd July 2010, 07:12
The Atlantic coast of Spain in very nice, not as hot as the Med areas, we're off there again next month.:banana:

TimberWolf
22nd July 2010, 07:47
The Atlantic coast of Spain in very nice, not as hot as the Med areas, we're off there again next month.:banana:

Cadiz weather forecast is 35°C, bright and sunny over the weekend. Scorchio. BBC Weather | Cadiz (http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2149?&search=cadiz&itemsPerPage=10&region=world)

shaunbhoy
22nd July 2010, 08:58
Don't be silly.

I for one am going on holiday to a lovely caravan park with my DW, DD1 and DS1 as well as DWFIL, DWMIL, DWSIL, DWBIL and DWSILDS1 and DWSILDS2.

Oh you heartless gloater!!!

:laugh

doodab
22nd July 2010, 09:08
Scorchio.

I once sat agog in a Portuguese hotel room as the weather forecast went through place after place and announced "scorchio!"

It turned out to be the fast show on BBC world.

gingerjedi
22nd July 2010, 09:10
Don't be silly.

We're doing a Dorset 'park' holiday in September having already had a long weekend at Butlins.

We take the austerity drive seriously in our household.

SupremeSpod
22nd July 2010, 09:12
We're doing a Dorset 'park' holiday in September having already had a long weekend at Butlins.

Austerity comes after the wedding.

Gibbon
22nd July 2010, 10:34

A few years ago during an austere time in the gibbon household we went to Bowleaze Holiday Park near Weymouth.

Great holiday and no chavs in sight.

NotAllThere
22nd July 2010, 10:38
Rented a villa in the South of France, near Montpellier. I plan in spending most of my time in the pool.

Pondlife
22nd July 2010, 10:44
Two weeks in Bonaire booked once this disa^H^H^H^H project is over.

Deal includes a jeep and as much air/nitrox as you can eat. 60+ shore dive sites on the island, no massive hotels. tidy.

SupremeSpod
22nd July 2010, 10:46
Two weeks in Bonaire booked once this disa^H^H^H^H project is over.

Deal includes a jeep and as much air/nitrox as you can eat. 60+ shore dive sites on the island, no massive hotels. tidy.

SAFED :yay: