PDA

View Full Version : Menelaus up to his old tricks...

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 19:59
Craig Colclough ingratiated himself on this forum as "Chasing the Aurora" with a fraudulant attempt to single-handedly walk to the north pole for charity. He made various claims about his military background and was found out. He fell off the CUK radar for a while before re-registering as Menelaus and changing his name by deed poll. When he was sentenced to serve time in prison I deduced that Menelaus and Chasing-the-Aurora were one and the same.

It appears that Craig rather than learning his lesson has created a new persona and supposedly run 10k for a charity that has no record of him registering.

I have never had contact with his ex-wife and no desire to do so.

Race number : 19129
Registered under the usual name : John Christiansen
Links to pics : Marathon Photos --- 2010 ASICS British 10k London Run (http://www.marathon-photos.com/scripts/event.py?event=Sports/CPUK/2010/ASICS%20British%2010k%20London%20Run&new_search=1&match=19129) (for anyone interested)

Looks like "Helen"/Georgina isn't too impressed.

Of course he has. The one fundamental aspect to Craig, is that he cannot cope with being alone. He needs to shine in someone else's eyes and craves the company. He'll be active on a string of dating web sites and web forums, he'll have a selection of women he's chatting to/has met up with, then go with whom ever he assesses to have the best chance of staying with him and believing him.

Otherwise he's left alone with his thoughts, and after everything he's done I probably wouldn't fancy that much either.

minestrone
21st July 2010, 20:06
What actually did he do wrong here?

MarillionFan
21st July 2010, 20:09
We all exaggerate every now and then.

I sometimes pretend to be a contractor.:frown

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 20:11

Erm something similar to the other post you're currently objecting to.

Get your story straight. You object to a Palestinian lying to get in someones knickers but not a good old Scot?

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 20:12
We all exaggerate every now and then.

I sometimes pretend to be a contractor.:frown

You are a contractor, just not a very good one. :wink

minestrone
21st July 2010, 20:14
Erm something similar to the other post you're currently objecting to.

Get your story straight. You object to a Palestinian lying to get in someones knickers but not a good old Scot?

In this instance, what did he do wrong here?

I do not believe his burd anymore than him, if that helps, I think they are 2 cheeks on the same arse if you ask me.

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 20:18
In this instance, what did he do wrong here?

I do not believe his burd anymore than him, if that helps, I think they are 2 cheeks on the same arse if you ask me.

I'm not asking you, you're drunk and belligerent, again.

minestrone
21st July 2010, 20:24

Are you dipping his ex?

How did you find this information in you OP?

Do you really think we care about him running a race and what his daft ex thinks?

AtW
21st July 2010, 20:31

Give it up old dog :eyes

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 20:33
Are you dipping his ex?

How did you find this information in you OP?

Do you really think we care about him running a race and what his daft ex thinks?

Well butcher boy, you're entitled to your own opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were Menelaus with your fake degrees and certificates spouting your crap about how highly qualified you are.

minestrone
21st July 2010, 20:37
Well butcher boy, you're entitled to your own opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were Menelaus with your fake degrees and certificates spouting your crap about how highly qualified you are.

It always comes down to your inferiority complex when I question your posts.

"I hate you because you have an education minestrone, you, you, clever bastard"

Keep it coming thicko.

SizeZero
21st July 2010, 20:42
I know that hell hath no fury, but I think his ex-missus doth protest too much now and should just move on. I don't agree with what he's done in his past as some of it was tried and found to be illegal (therefore outside the boundary of what is acceptable in this society we are all part of) and nor would I take seriously any further posts he made here: but part of me hopes that by finishing the marathon (or whatever run it was) that he's made some money for a charity or good cause.

Good on that man for completing the race and reaching a goal; finally something you can be truely proud of.

minestrone
21st July 2010, 20:48
I know that hell hath no fury, but I think his ex-missus doth protest too much now and should just move on. I don't agree with what he's done in his past as some of it was tried and found to be illegal (therefore outside the boundary of what is acceptable in this society we are all part of) and nor would I take seriously any further posts he made here: but part of me hopes that by finishing the marathon (or whatever run it was) that he's made some money for a charity or good cause.

Good on that man for completing the race and reaching a goal; finally something you can be truely proud of.

As I said in a previous thread on this subject...

He may not have been the full picnic but she just looks like a crazed loon herself flashing her "I married a loon and it is not my fault" tits to everyone.

Well honey, it was.

You really have to be thick to have married him, now get over it and stop blaming everyone but yourself.

Of course she seems to have spod in her fan club though.

So... How well do you know her spod?

shaunbhoy
21st July 2010, 20:52
Just one thing strikes me as odd if Craig really has "turned the corner" so to speak. Why register for a Charity Race under a false name? Why not just enter as Craig Colclough?
:confused:

MaryPoppins
21st July 2010, 20:52
Just had a nose through that ARRSE thread - took me a while to realise that it looks like it's his ex posting on there, too. :eek:

She seriously needs to move on and get a grip.

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 20:56
As I said in a previous thread on this subject...

Of course she seems to have spod in her fan club though.

So... How well do you know her spod?

I don't know her at all as you've probably deduced by trawling through her previous posts on this forum.

As for your supposed education, prove it.

Cliphead
21st July 2010, 20:59

Isn't allegedly trying to defraud CUK members of dosh not enough?

minestrone
21st July 2010, 21:00
Isn't allegedly trying to defraud CUK members of dosh not enough?

In this specific case?

norrahe
21st July 2010, 21:01
I don't know her at all as you've probably deduced by trawling through her previous posts on this forum.

Would you two just can it? :ladybags:

If by your original post SS, you meant his ex was still milking this situation for all she's got then say so. It's sad but i'm sure she's made quite a bit of money from it, then whoopee doo! :eyes

I'll have to side with the meatman and question why you posted pics of him doing the marathon, so what! :ind

Yes, he's been crap, but we haven't been plagued by him in a while and let's be thankful for small mercies.

SupremeSpod
21st July 2010, 21:10
Would you two just can it? :ladybags:

If by your original post SS, you meant his ex was still milking this situation for all she's got then say so. It's sad but i'm sure she's made quite a bit of money from it, then whoopee doo! :eyes

I'll have to side with the meatman and question why you posted pics of him doing the marathon, so what! :ind

Yes, he's been crap, but we haven't been plagued by him in a while and let's be thankful for small mercies.

Nope I posted his details to show that he's still up to the same old crap. Crap that I certainly had hoped he'd got out of his system.

He wasn't running a marathon, it was a London 10k. He was supposedly running for a charity that has no knowledge of his details under yet another false name.

But hey, you make your own mind up.

minestrone
21st July 2010, 21:11

That really pisses you off. It's why I keep going for it and you keep coming back.

TimberWolf
21st July 2010, 21:20

I'd prefer to see pictures of him at 100m intervals throughout the whole race distance before I'm willing to believe he did the whole thing.

Cliphead
21st July 2010, 21:24
In this specific case?

What specific case? Encounter an arsehole in a pub, drop him. Next.

minestrone
21st July 2010, 21:27
What specific case? Encounter an arsehole in a pub, drop him. Next.

This case, as in the running of the race.

I am asking why spod(Churchill) has to always side with his wife and how he knows how to get quotes from her from the internet at the drop of a hat.

Cliphead
21st July 2010, 21:30
This case, as in the running of the race.

I am asking why spod(Churchill) has to always side with his wife and how he knows how to get quotes from her from the internet at the drop of a hat.

You have an issue with the pooch which has got nothing to do with the thread in general and as we can see degenerates into a I've got a bigger dick than you argument.

minestrone
21st July 2010, 21:34
You have an issue with the pooch which has got nothing to do with the thread in general and as we can see degenerates into a I've got a bigger dick than you argument.

Well what relevence did churchill have to bring the story of him running a 10k to the forum?

If he can give a good answer to that then I will stop going at him on this thread that he started.

Cliphead
21st July 2010, 21:39
Well what relevence did churchill have to bring the story of him running a 10k to the forum?

If he can give a good answer to that then I will stop going at him on this thread that he started.

Having a go at the serial liar is much more fun than listening to you two having a pissing contest. Take it to PM or give it a rest.

minestrone
21st July 2010, 21:49
Having a go at the serial liar is much more fun than listening to you two having a pissing contest. Take it to PM or give it a rest.

Having a go at a current poster is much more fun than chatting about a serial liar that has not posted on this site for ages. I know what I want to do.

And it has a context, spod calls me a serial liar.

Cliphead
21st July 2010, 21:51
Having a go at a current poster is much more fun than chatting about a serial liar that has not posted on this site for ages. I know what I want to do.

And it has a context, spod calls me a serial liar.

How do you know he hasn't posted?

minestrone
21st July 2010, 21:55
How do you know he hasn't posted?

If you can prove he had then that will be proof for me.

Until evidence is found I stand by my statement.

Cliphead
21st July 2010, 22:04
If you can prove he had then that will be proof for me.

Until evidence is found I stand by my statement.

I couldn't give a flying **** whether he posted or not, has got stick time on Tornadoes (with or without pasta), run a race or told some bint he was a doctor, pilot, rocket scientist or whatever to get into her frilly's.

Take yer personal issues outside the pub door and stop being so fckin tedious trying to prove non points.

minestrone
21st July 2010, 22:06
I couldn't give a flying **** whether he posted or not, has got stick time on Tornadoes (with or without pasta), run a race or told some bint he was a doctor, pilot, rocket scientist or whatever to get into her frilly's.

Take yer personal issues outside the pub door and stop being so fckin tedious trying to prove non points.

Are we not allowed to a bit of fun in here anymore?

Boudica
21st July 2010, 22:07
i am confused - nothing new i know - where did the arrse thread come from, go to?

Cliphead
21st July 2010, 22:07

Do you know what that means? :rolleyes:

Zippy
21st July 2010, 22:10

Of course we are, but it's difficult to tell when you are being humourous.

minestrone
21st July 2010, 22:12
Do you know what that means? :rolleyes:

You have been hanging out with Mike Love too much, lost yer fun.

Zippy
21st July 2010, 22:12
i am confused - nothing new i know - where did the arrse thread come from, go to?

Someone posted in the Fake Britain thread and Spod did some searching I think.

AtW
21st July 2010, 22:13
Who is Menelaus? :confused:

MarillionFan
21st July 2010, 22:13

You're all a bunch of freeloaders in my eyes..... Or am I being humourous!:rolleyes:

MarillionFan
21st July 2010, 22:14
Who is Menelaus? :confused:

He's some Walter Mitty type who pretends to have a successful Web business with backers from the Netherlands an office almost the size of my garage.:rolleyes:

minestrone
21st July 2010, 22:15

Moi?

I'm not in the posse.

You know that one, ride the guy out of the forum, then another forum and then go on TV an ride him out the country.

He is a fruit loop but his wife is also.

Zippy
21st July 2010, 22:17
You're all a bunch of freeloaders in my eyes..... Or am I being humourous!:rolleyes:

There's a first time for everything. And don't call me a feckin freeloader unless you have proof. Do you?? Well!!??

MarillionFan
21st July 2010, 22:20
There's a first time for everything. And don't call me a feckin freeloader unless you have proof. Do you?? Well!!??

According to a very well known source whose met you. You never buy a round at the pub! :eek:

We all know that Myroundaphobia isn't a real illness......:eyes

Zippy
21st July 2010, 22:20
Moi?

I'm not in the posse.

I'm sure you must have a rusty sheriffs badge somewhere?

AtW
21st July 2010, 22:21
He's some Walter Mitty type who pretends to have a successful Web business with backers from the Netherlands an office almost the size of my garage.:rolleyes:

Must be a great guy then :smokin

MarillionFan
21st July 2010, 22:21

He's mentioned a crusty puckered star before, but I'm not sure thats the same thing. :nerd

Zippy
21st July 2010, 22:25
According to a very well known source whose met you. You never buy a round at the pub! :eek:

We all know that Myroundaphobia isn't a real illness......:eyes

Wrong illness. I suffer from Bullsh!tophobia and I'm on the 7 step Stella program. Arse.

MarillionFan
21st July 2010, 22:26
Wrong illness. I suffer from Bullsh!tophobia and I'm on the 7 step Stella program. Arse.

If you're a lass and you drink ten pints of stella, does this mean you may self harm????

minestrone
21st July 2010, 22:30

And I am sure you have a ' on your keyboard darling.

Now get the tea on love.

Zippy
21st July 2010, 22:33
And I am sure you have a ' on your keyboard darling.

Now get the tea on love.

As long as you get the biscuits.

Cliphead
21st July 2010, 22:33
You have been hanging out with Mike Love too much, lost yer fun fun fun.

:spel

Gonzo
22nd July 2010, 10:51
Yes, he's been crap, .but we haven't been plagued by him in a while and let's be thankful for small mercies.I think that completely reinventing himself from scratch is unlikely.

He'll be back.

Pondlife
22nd July 2010, 10:56
View Profile: Menelaus - Contractor UK Bulletin Board (http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/menelaus.html)

Last Activity 20th July 2010 17:46

Probably trying to gauge peoples' reaction to his latest outing.

doodab
22nd July 2010, 11:03

Wouldn't that look a bit like a chocolate starfish?

Gonzo
22nd July 2010, 11:15
View Profile: Menelaus - Contractor UK Bulletin Board (http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/menelaus.html)

Last Activity 20th July 2010 17:46

Probably trying to gauge peoples' reaction to his latest outing.I don't imagine that he will post again as Menelaus. A new identity will appear that won't be an awful lot different than the last one.

wobbegong
22nd July 2010, 11:42
I don't imagine that he will post again as Menelaus. A new identity will appear that won't be an awful lot different than the last one.

If it hasn't already. Minestrone is more than a little defensive of the other 'M' word poster.

shaunbhoy
22nd July 2010, 11:43
If it hasn't already. Minestrone is more than a little defensive of the other 'M' word poster.

Who? MF???

:tongue

SallyAnne
22nd July 2010, 15:43
I've got a bigger dick than you

<rubs legs> Ooooh Cliphead!! :)

Cliphead
22nd July 2010, 15:53

Out of context but appropriate ;)

MarillionFan
22nd July 2010, 16:00

Jeez. SA and Cliphead. What type of fetish categorization would that come under????

sasguru
22nd July 2010, 16:04
Jeez. SA and Cliphead. What type of fetish categorization would that come under????

If SA sits on him, sado-masochism.:wink

SallyAnne
22nd July 2010, 16:05
What would you two dweebs know about fetishes? Yous would have to have sex first to form any kind of preference.

Cliphead
22nd July 2010, 16:06
What would you two dweebs know about fetishes? Yous would have to have sex first to form any kind of preference.

:yay:

:rollin:

MarillionFan
22nd July 2010, 16:10

Being prodded with a pointy stick when you're slobbed out on the sofa SA is not a fetish. Your other half is just checking you're still alive!:bluelight

Clippy
22nd July 2010, 16:46
Being prodded with a pointy stick when you're slobbed out on the sofa SA is not a fetish. Your other half is just checking you're still alive!:bluelight

I would have thought opening the fridge door would be a better test of that. :tongue

SallyAnne
22nd July 2010, 16:48
I would have thought opening the fridge door would be a better test of that. :tongue

<drum> <drum> <symbol>

shaunbhoy
22nd July 2010, 16:52

Duelling Banjos??

:tongue

Boudica
22nd July 2010, 16:59

my friend had a hamster that made a funny squeaking noise when he heard the fridge open

SupremeSpod
22nd July 2010, 17:03
my friend had a hamster that made a funny squeaking noise when he heard the fridge open

I bet it would make an even funnier noise of you slammed the fridge door on its bollocks...

Boudica
22nd July 2010, 17:13
I bet it would make an even funnier noise of you slammed the fridge door on its bollocks...

the kinder gentler side of spod...

ewwww, i never want to think about a hamster's bollocks but if my OH doesn't get home in the next five minutes we might be making a trip to fridge

doodab
22nd July 2010, 17:15
ewwww, i never want to think about a hamster's bollocks but if my OH doesn't get home in the next five minutes we might be making a trip to fridge

You other half is a hamster?

Isn't that, you know, illegal?

Boudica
22nd July 2010, 17:18
You other half is a hamster?

Isn't that, you know, illegal?

that would explain a lot

SupremeSpod
22nd July 2010, 17:21
the kinder gentler side of spod...

Oi! I can do kind and gentle...

Probably.

TimberWolf
24th July 2010, 10:51
BBC1 tonight. The tale of Frank Abagnale Jr, who found notoriety conning and charming his way across America, posing as a pilot (tick), Doctor (tick) and lawyer and outwitting the FBI (fail). Drama based on a true story. Who's go the rights to sell Menelaus' story?

Catch Me If You Can - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch_Me_If_You_Can)

SizeZero
24th July 2010, 11:09
Last Activity Yesterday 12:53

Watching us watching him watching us watching him.... his missus got one thing right?

SuperZ
24th July 2010, 11:12
Craig Colclough ingratiated himself on this forum as "Chasing the Aurora" with a fraudulant attempt to single-handedly walk to the north pole for charity. He made various claims about his military background and was found out. He fell off the CUK radar for a while before re-registering as Menelaus and changing his name by deed poll. When he was sentenced to serve time in prison I deduced that Menelaus and Chasing-the-Aurora were one and the same.

It appears that Craig rather than learning his lesson has created a new persona and supposedly run 10k for a charity that has no record of him registering.

IMO, Helen/Georgina loves it. It has added some excitement to her life, the whole experience she had and her continued following of the story.

What she's also saying, is that she is/was stupid enough to be the one he selected as being "the one likely to believe his stories". For goodness sake, she married him didn't she?

I'm being harsh.She found and posted on this forum she didn't she, she's just as bad. Her evaluation of his character might be right, but I thihnk she craves excitement too, hence how the daft mare fell for it in the first place. Probably self-centred too, and she seems to want to be a part of this contuinued story in one way or another (ie such as posting here, and again commenting on his latest exploits where ever the text from the beginning of this message thread was quoted from). Wouldn't be surprised if she was still married to him, if it wasn;t for the other women :)

norrahe
24th July 2010, 11:13
Watching us watching him watching us watching him.... his missus got one thing right?

He seems to be searching the forums lots. :eek:

I think we should let sleeping dogs lie as the more we talk about hin the more we massage his ego.

TimberWolf
24th July 2010, 12:26
I thought Helen looked quite sweet, intelligent and attractive. Nice sexy hairstyle too. Hard to see what she saw in Menelaus who, being generous, is average looking. Perhaps it was something about his personality that she found attractive.

AtW
24th July 2010, 12:35
Perhaps it was something about his personality that she found attractive.

:eyes

MarillionFan
24th July 2010, 12:53
Oi! I can do kind and gentle...

Probably.

Just because you pretend to be a 15 year old NDubz fan from Swindon on Facebook doesn't mean you can nessarily do kind and gentle!!!

interested
10th August 2010, 16:21

He's on Twitter as well, under multiple IDs. I noticed some conversation being RT'ed about something that looked familiar with previous stories about him on CUK. I asked that person if she knew who he was and said she'd met him for lunch - turns out he'd fed her all the same lines; Gulf War vet, pilot etc.

MarillionFan
10th August 2010, 18:11
He's on Twitter as well, under multiple IDs. I noticed some conversation being RT'ed about something that looked familiar with previous stories about him on CUK. I asked that person if she knew who he was and said she'd met him for lunch - turns out he'd fed her all the same lines; Gulf War vet, pilot etc.

Look just because it wasn;t true this time round, he may have been the Queen of England in a previous life.

Cut Attila the Hun some slack!