• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Info needed - Personal loan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info needed - Personal loan

Hi All,

I have been contracting for the past 3.5 years now but a newbie on this forum so please be gentle :-).

Anyway's I need some advice and suggestion regarding personal loans for IT Contractors.
    I am looking for a personal loan of around £25000/-.

On any on-line application form for personal loans they ask for your monthly income and being an IT Contractor/Self Employed operating through my own ltd firm ,what monthly income should i mention? (My minimum salary or the contract rate)?

Also does anyone have any suggestions about specific lenders who are more considerate towards Contractors.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for your help!

Joe

This is going to be very much against the rules, however what's the worst that can happen on here - I can get banned, anyway -

Joey, have You Ever Been In A Turkish Prison?

Oveur.

Comment

Why do new posters always ask us to be gentle? What are we? A bunch of ogres or something??

Claim you income as you yearly income of PAYE and Divis and if they want proof of income point them to your accountant who can show it. Ask your accountant if he is willing to do that first though out of courtesy. Thats what I did for a mortgage and it worked fine.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joe69 View Post

I have been contracting for the past 3.5 years now but a newbie on this forum so please be gentle :-)
        <toothless redneck>

He's gat a real purty mayouth

</toothless redneck>
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'm not a financial adviser or your mother but is it wise to be borrowing 25k after 3.5k years contracting? One of the golden rules for contracting is keeping your outgoings to an absolute minimum.

Ignore me if the loan is for something critical but if you're just after a flash motor you're doing it all wrong.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I just went to my bank and asked for one.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I'm not a financial adviser or your mother but is it wise to be borrowing 25k after 3.5k years contracting? One of the golden rules for contracting is keeping your outgoings to an absolute minimum.

Ignore me if the loan is for something critical but if you're just after a flash motor you're doing it all wrong.
              WHS, you should have this amount stashed by now or you are believing your contract rate will last forever. I only ever pay cash for cars and never take out a loan, exception being a mortgage.

Comment

he said go easy on him

There may always be unforeseen reasons for a loan. I found this post after googling "contractor personal loan" - I've been contracting for about 6 years, realise this is against my better judgement but can see no other alternative - to buy my ex out of our property, I need to raise a further £20k. Unless someone else out there has a bright idea, it is situations like these where a personal loan may be necessary.

So, with that background in mind, can someone please advise?

Thanks

Comment

Remortgage shurley?
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Zopa.

Google it.

Comment

Working...
                    X