• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VOIP is the future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOIP is the future

I thought I would jump in to the world of VOIP for home and my little business.

Bought and configured a router, set up my account information, (SIPDiscount is giving free landline calls 24/7 to all UK number plus to a whole host of international countries) plugged in my BT handsets, and whoosh it works like a charm.

I even tried making a call whilst dloading the latest episod of LOST and the call was still CRYSTAL CLEAR and no lag.

VOIP is the future people.

I am well impressed by it all

Yes it is indeed, and as mentioned in a previous episode on this forum I am currently looking for a CEO and a CTO to take one of my startups to market.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      I am currently looking for a CEO and a CTO to take one of my startups to market.
      How old is the startup? Is it a bull or a cow? Is it placid or uppity? Does it have foot-rot or any other quirks? Does it mind being driven by dogs?

Bogey

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Bogey,

You're not an honest-to-god real contractor with your own business, surely. You're on the wrong forum - this one is for happy clappy christians, shopkeepers, farmers and assorted wannabees
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Q

Originally posted by sasguru
          Bogey,

You're not an honest-to-god real contractor with your own business, surely. You're on the wrong forum - this one is for happy clappy christians, shopkeepers, farmers and assorted wannabees
          No Sasguru (I know SAS quite well, not the airline - more like analysing SMF records for billing - uhhhh yyyyyawn).

Yes, I used to be a member of the old bitch-about-IR35 forum (can't remember what it was called) and wondered what had happened to it - particularly my old mate Tex O'V.

Agree, this forum is a pale shadow of the thrusting entrepreneurs of old.

Chin-chin!

Bogey

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
            No Sasguru (I know SAS quite well, not the airline - more like analysing SMF records for billing - uhhhh yyyyyawn).

Bogey
            Never used CA-JARS for doing that? Much easier and cheaper than SAS. Used to do loads of that. Still analyse SMF a lot but no longer for billing.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
              Never used CA-JARS for doing that? Much easier and cheaper than SAS. Used to do loads of that. Still analyse SMF a lot but no longer for billing.
              I know some people used to favour JARS but I needed a complex, cost-centered billing scheme and we didn't have any JARS expertise on hand to do it at the time - it was a nightmare (obviously) - thankfully it never went live are the company was bought out and the project confined to history.

I still have nightmares about it though.

Bogey

Comment

Working...
              X