• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Th police state we're in ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Th police state we're in ...

BBC News - No charges over G20 man's death

Hyperbolic I suppose, but in the recent past:

1.Sergeant Delroy Smellie acquitted of hitting a woman in G20.

2. Policeman who hit the 2 Oxford grads in a protest also acquitted.

3. Cressida Dick promoted after Menezes fiasco.

Are our newly black-clad, heavily armed police becoming a law unto themselves?

hang on there's someone at the door ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

You should try living in Russia for a few months to appreciate British police

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You should try living in Russia for a few months to appreciate British police
      They would not let him in. Not with that wheezy chest of his. Same reasons he got blanked by the Army. Too weedy.
      Though he has developed a rather comical trait of playing "Word of the Day" using Commando comics as source material. Only a matter of time until he starts bandying around "Banzai", "Teufel", and "Kamerad!" in his vain quest to appear less witless.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Yes. A long, long time ago.

Poor Mr Tomlinson's killer to not face charges was expected, but it is a disgrace none the less. I can see a lot more cases like Moat as a result of this sort of thing.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

When I were a lass people just used to fall down the stairs at the station. Now it's all about these new fangled tasers and sprays.
          And it used to be all fields around my house. Till I moved.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Corrupt CPS
            BBC News - Corrupt Gwent CPS lawyer jailed over

Corrupt Judges

Legal selection system is corrupt, admit judges - Crime, UK - The Independent
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
            X