PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see more or less of SKA News threads?

AtW
22nd July 2010, 11:03
Poll to follow.

Spacecadet
22nd July 2010, 11:05
more please

Cliphead
22nd July 2010, 11:06
Don't you mean SKA News Placeholder threads?

Pondlife
22nd July 2010, 11:13
How about less threads but more news?

Everyone wins.

shaunbhoy
22nd July 2010, 11:20
How about holding fire until something interesting happens in relation to it? Once you have mastered that, roll the notion out across your other dross. Everyone wins!!

HTH

SupremeSpod
22nd July 2010, 11:38
Where's the "I wish AtW would die a horrible death, preferably at the hands(Paws - surely) of his Squirrel cohorts" option?

AtW
22nd July 2010, 11:41
Where's the "I wish AtW would die a horrible death, preferably at the hands(Paws - surely) of his Squirrel cohorts" option?

:eek:

It's legions now! :tantrum:

shaunbhoy
22nd July 2010, 11:44
:eek:

It's legions now! :tantrum:

The "Foreigner" Legion!!

SupremeSpod
22nd July 2010, 11:46
Where's the "I wish AtW would die a horrible death, preferably at the hands(Paws - surely) of his furry legions" option?

AtW
22nd July 2010, 12:04
The "Foreigner" Legion!!

:spel

The Foraging Legion

HTH

MarillionFan
22nd July 2010, 12:27
I for one would welcome more SKA posts. It has always cheered me up for the last 5 or 6 years.

Whenever I am down. Whenever I am blue. When ever life conspires against me to deal me a shit hand. All I need to do is login to CUK and read a SKA thread.

It's always comforting to know that's there's a bigger ****up in the world than yourself.

DimPrawn
22nd July 2010, 20:01
Can anybody (AtW?) tell me why people still donate their electricity and bandwidth running Majestic's buggy bloated web crawler when the promise of a Google bashing peoples search engine is long gone?

Or are they going to wait another 5 years for something to happen on that front?

MarillionFan
22nd July 2010, 20:23
Can anybody (AtW?) tell me why people still donate their electricity and bandwidth running Majestic's buggy bloated web crawler when the promise of a Google bashing peoples search engine is long gone?

Or are they going to wait another 5 years for something to happen on that front?

I bet they all have penguins on their desks!

SofaKingdom
22nd July 2010, 20:25

Has there not been a share distribution? Is there not a possibility for majestic's shareholders to cash in when google or some equivalent makes an aggressive bid for the biggest trawler out there? Otherwise I dunno. Maybe it's for the sense of teamwork, community and feeling of belonging to something that most IT nerds seem to need? What's your hypothesis?

AtW
22nd July 2010, 22:04
Has there not been a share distribution?

Yes.

Money however is not the main motivating part in the project.

MarillionFan
22nd July 2010, 22:14
Yes.

Money however is not the main motivating part in the project.

Of course. As you keep telling us.

Phhhhhhhhhhhhaaaahhhhhhhh guffafffffffaaaaaaawwwwwwww