• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

60" 3D TV...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60" 3D TV...

... as a primary VDU.

Business expense?? I think not.

but a contracting mate of a old perm mate of mine is trying it.

Oi Hector, wanna watch a movie, cough I mean do some invoicing.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

if he is developing a 3d solution then why not. Its a case of making a reasonable business case that stands up. I doubt the Dragon's pay for their suits on the show.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      ... as a primary VDU.

Business expense?? I think not.

but a contracting mate of a old perm mate of mine is trying it.

Oi Hector, wanna watch a movie, cough I mean do some invoicing.

What does your accountant say about this ?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        What does your accountant say about this ?

sorry, I meant "your mate's mate"

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

sorry, I meant "your mate's mate"
          LOL

I told him to check with the accountant.

From what my mate said it was a dodgy effort, not writing the next great thing in 3D tv.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            I doubt the Dragon's pay for their suits on the show.
            I think they probably do - claiming for clothes which are not 'uniforms' (i.e. logo branded etc) is a big no-no.

Newsreaders have to pay for their own clothes and are not allowed to claim the tax back.

Comment

in which case look forward as Hector hits him with the axle grease, if he is taking him to task he can't be chasing us.

Comment

, if he is taking him to task he can't be chasing us.
                My sentiments exactly. Anything that puts people in front of me in the "Look at me Hector, I'm not dodgy, honest" queue is a good thing.

Comment

in which case look forward as Hector hits him with the axle grease, if he is taking him to task he can't be chasing us.
                  Actually your argument about being a 3D solution developer was perfectly valid. If you can make a genuine business case for it - you're fine.

Just that clothes are a poor example - goes back to 1983 (Mallalieu v Drummond) where a barrister was not allowed to claim for court gowns - I believe the case went all the way to the House of Lords.

Comment

clothes - I'm pretty sure many still do it. Just like putting the bubbly on the tab and carpeting the reception with Caviar & Foi gras. AFAIR most of the news presenters charge for grooming etc.

Depends whether you are a 'Real business' or not I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                    X