• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shoes too small

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoes too small

I saw a cheap pair of trainers in Primark the other day and they were size 10, my usual size, but they felt a bit tight and there was no size 11. So I bought them in the hope I could break them in. I've tried soaking them in warm water and going for a couple of walks and cutting my toenails but my feet seem to have been broken in more than the trainers thus far. My big toe hurts and the nail bed has gone a bit blue. I'll give my toes a bit of R&R before trying again. Is it hopeless, are the trainers destined to be binned?

p.s. bought a cracking cheap shirt in there for £3 too.

I now have this picture in my mind of you shuffling round Primark with a pair of trainers that have burst open at the front with your toes sticking out and a shirt two sizes too small with your belly showing between the straining button holes.... bit like everyone else that shops in Primark
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I saw a cheap pair of trainers in Primark the other day and they were size 10, my usual size, but they felt a bit tight and there was no size 11. So I bought them in the hope I could break them in. I've tried soaking them in warm water and going for a couple of walks and cutting my toenails but my feet seem to have been broken in more than the trainers thus far. My big toe hurts and the nail bed has gone a bit blue. I'll give my toes a bit of R&R before trying again. Is it hopeless, are the trainers destined to be binned?

Take a chisel and a hammer and knock the ends of your toes off. HTH.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I now have this picture in my mind of you shuffling round Primark with a pair of trainers that have burst open at the front with your toes sticking out and a shirt two sizes too small with your belly showing between the straining button holes.... bit like everyone else that shops in Primark
        I will admit to the toes breaking out the side of shoes part. My (wide) feet do tend to do that and that makes shoes ultra-comfortable. But I have a washboard belly. Ish.

Comment

Permie.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I have exactly the same problem with a pair of brogues I bought. Unfortunately, unlike your trainers, they cost £200.

As I've learned the hard way now, never listen to stupid salespeople who say you'll "grow into them" and/or "they're the largest size we have".
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Times really are hard aren't they?

Never having shopped in primark, or even been in one, is something I am very proud of.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I have exactly the same problem with a pair of brogues I bought. Unfortunately, unlike your trainers, they cost £200.
                If you paid 200 quid for a pair of shoes at Primark you´ve got a bigger problem than a few blisters.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  If you paid 200 quid for a pair of shoes at Primark you´ve got a bigger problem than a few blisters.
                  I bought an almost complete outfit for less than £20. The shoes (see above), a shirt and trousers. £200 would probably buy you most of the menswear section. The only problem with the trousers is that they have pockets on the thighs, which I'm a not altogether happy with and don't think I will use, and that I had to spend 20 minutes cutting all the thread loose ends. No problems to report with the shirt at all.

Comment

I bought an almost complete outfit for less than £20. The shoes (see above), a shirt and trousers. £200 would probably buy you most of the menswear section. The only problem with the trousers is that they have pockets on the thighs, which I'm a not altogether happy with and don't think I will use, and that I had to spend 20 minutes cutting all the thread loose ends. No problems to report with the shirt at all.
                    So you spent £20 on shoes that don't fit and trousers you don't like?

If all you got for your £20 was a shirt you could have just gone to M&S.

Pondlife in "Jesus, you're worse than my wife and unfortunately she doesn't shop in primark" mode

Comment

Working...
                    X