PDA

View Full Version : It's started

Gibbon
22nd July 2010, 14:30
As you read this Mrs Gibbon will be sacking a public sector worker who has been skiving on the sick for the last 2 years.

shaunbhoy
22nd July 2010, 14:32
As you read this Mrs Gibbon will be sacking a public sector worker who has been skiving on the sick for the last 2 years.

And so it begins................

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

sasguru
22nd July 2010, 14:34

Prepare for lots of stress. Mrs SG had to do that last year (and this is in an IB). It lasted months, went to tribunal and in the end the bank paid the troublemaker off to avoid any more hassle.

shaunbhoy
22nd July 2010, 14:37
It lasted months, went to tribunal and in the end the bank paid the troublemaker off to avoid any more hassle.

Yeah, if only they had agreed to your "Gardening Leave" scenario eh?

:laugh

Gibbon
22nd July 2010, 14:38
Prepare for lots of stress. Mrs SG had to do that last year (and this is in an IB). It lasted months, went to tribunal and in the end the bank paid the troublemaker off to avoid any more hassle.

Yeah I know, but today is the end of the line as 3 different Occ Hlth have said she can return to work. She's trying to get earlt retd on ill-health. But Mrs Gibbon is a stickler for dotting i's, crossing t's and following the correct procedures. Today is thankfully a formality.

sasguru
22nd July 2010, 14:43
Yeah, if only they had agreed to your "Gardening Leave" scenario eh?

Tell you what - some days I'm sorely tempted to take that option.
Employment law is so biased towards the feckless and lazy that if one was so inclined and had the brass balls to brazen it out, one could easily manufacture a grievance and walk away with thousands of pounds.
I don't have it in me though - my rather upright parents brought me up with a sense of right and wrong that is totally unsuited to the modern world. :rolleyes:

shaunbhoy
22nd July 2010, 14:44
my rather upright parents brought me up with a sense of right and wrong that is totally unsuited to the modern world. :rolleyes:

They were real sticklers for detail. They even threw in a matching intellect.

Zippy
22nd July 2010, 14:57
And so it begins................

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind ... the year the Great War came upon us all

TimberWolf
22nd July 2010, 14:59
It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind ... the year the Great War came upon us all

I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?

Zippy
22nd July 2010, 15:02
I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?

If yer name's not on the list you ain't docking. Oh - and no trainers.

MarillionFan
22nd July 2010, 15:03
I see a Wilmslowesque story coming here.

Mrs Gibbon will be home later in tears. Saying how she told the women there was nothing wrong with her and that she had to start back.

The lady protests and Mrs Gibbon says 'Listen you workshy gutbucket there's nothing wrong with you' just at the point the women has a massive heart attack!

moorfield
22nd July 2010, 15:22

Just in time for the start of the summer holidays though.

Which is nice.

Mich the Tester
22nd July 2010, 15:34
:yay:

Three cheers for Mrs Gibbon

hip, hip!

centurian
22nd July 2010, 15:39

Nice to see I wasn't the only Sci-Fi geek that picked up on shaunbhoy's subtle reference...

HairyArsedBloke
22nd July 2010, 15:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_gst-Ryh3g

centurian
22nd July 2010, 15:41

Nope - not that one... doesn't contain the word "and"

Zippy
22nd July 2010, 16:36
Nope - not that one... doesn't contain the word "and"

To be fair JMS borrowed heavily from (amongst other things) the Lord of The Rings.

Try this linky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLeE4YOdrkY)

Peoplesoft bloke
22nd July 2010, 18:07
If yer name's not on the list you ain't docking. Oh - and no trainers.

Ey up It's Rauol Moat