• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chico - why your God did this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chico - why your God did this?

See here - http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/26/bus.crash/index.html

Were these children somehow responsible for anything? What purpose their death served in your God's regime?

Obviously there is no God (unless you choose to call such supreme beings whose technology exceeds ours by thousands of years), but even if there were, then why would one accept such God?

Atheist myself but in my view that old argument "if there is a god why would he permit such terrible things to happen" is shallow.

If there really was a supreme being with infinite wisdom, then we would have to accept that our own thoughts and experiences were infinitely narrow, limited and self centred by comparison. Are these things really so terrible or is it just that our limitations cause us to see them that way?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If god exists, what would be the point in him creating a universe that was just like heaven, all cuddly and fluffy bunny? None.

So when he detonated the big bang, he did it with the words: "Let sh1t happen".

Comment

IF that's true, then why would anyone in sane mind would want to worship such a God?

The bottom line is that there is either no God at all (most likely) or the God is such a bad dude that worshipping him is totally wrong.

Comment

My friend , my God does indeed make ouir lives very happy , you need to join me on a Friday night when me and my friends have good time.

Bring your AK47 and we can do some pesant shooting (Like you Englishh phesant shooting but more fun and no cissy animal lover mob to spoil your fun) , blow your neighbours car up (Need RPG but local fruit and veg shop has supply , ask for Zabul) , and our really popular jump on the burning flag contest.

one thing to remember is that our god is hard and will kick the sh!t out of your god , just name the place. (but not peckham too rough)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            IF that's true, then why would anyone in sane mind would want to worship such a God?
            Whether it's true or not, can't you see it Alexei? I despair of you.

Abdullah, do you have those punch-yourself-in-the-head contests? They look like fun. Not after a night on the p1ss of course, but you lot don't drink alcohol, do you.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdullah the Muller
              but not peckham too rough
              Why not? That is supposed to be a neutral pitch as it doesn't look like there is any God there.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Why do you lot persist in thinking that God is a being?
                God is but a book of rules for people who know no better, and need guidance to stop them doing unspeakable things to each other and or explain
                scary events in their every day lives.......

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  See here - http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/26/bus.crash/index.html

Were these children somehow responsible for anything? What purpose their death served in your God's regime?
                  Why do you feel the need to attribute this accident as being Gods work?

Surely you are merely doing what you are accusing Chico of doing and in so doing you have become Chico!

I claim my £5!!!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                    Why do you feel the need to attribute this accident as being Gods work?

Surely you are merely doing what you are accusing Chico of doing and in so doing you have become Chico!

I claim my £5!!!

Mailman
                    Umm, for an antipodean, that was fairly good reasoning. There is a flaw, but Alexei will never spot it. Here's your fiver.

Comment

Working...
                    X