• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inception

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inception

Anyone else seen this yet? What did you think?

Saw it last night and it was excellent.

Great acting, interesting story with so many layers (no pun intended - it will make sense when you see the movie) which commands repeat viewing to fully understand it.

As ever, loads of different theories floating around the internet about it's meaning.

Thoroughly recommended - worth the effort to go to the cinema rather than watching it on DVD later in the year.

P.S. I believe it is coming to IMAX at some point which will make it look even better.

Been trying to download this on Vuse for a while, along with Robin Hood, The Last Exorcism, and Splice. But no joy with any so far.

I may even end up having to buy them.

( cinema? Don't make me laugh - How is one supposed to enjoy a film without smoking a fag or two? )
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Anyone else seen this yet? What did you think?
      Great film! Loved it.

@OwlHoot I really enjoy the cinema experience and try to see as many movies as I can. Often I buy them on DVD to enjoy later. I've given up trying to download recent released from torrents after I got a worrying email from an interested party
      Surely you can last 2 hours without a smoke? Sheesh.

Comment

Went to see Inception last night. Thought it was rubbish. Simple idea deliberately made complicated in an attempt to make it clever. Completely formulaic "action" scenes. No sympathy whatsoever with any of the characters. It'll be a massive hit and everyone will gush about it and compare everything else with it for the next five years. Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          Went to see Inception last night. Thought it was rubbish. Simple idea deliberately made complicated in an attempt to make it clever. Completely formulaic "action" scenes. No sympathy whatsoever with any of the characters. It'll be a massive hit and everyone will gush about it and compare everything else with it for the next five years. Yawn.
          So give us a few films you DID enjoy.

Titanic = Boat sinks, simple idea deliberately made complicated
          District 9 = Apartheid, simple idea deliberately made complicated
          Avatar = Green agenda, simple idea deliberately made complicated
          Matrix = everyone's asleep, simple idea deliberately made complicated
          Sureshank Redemption = man escapes from prison eventually, simple idea deliberately made complicated

Romeo and Juliet = boy meets girl, parents disapprove, simple idea deliberately made complicated

You get the idea. There are no new ideas (and only 5/7/11 story lines) so everything has to have a twist to make it interesting (!= deliberately complicated)

Comment

I've never seen a Christopher Nolan film that didn't deliver the goods.
            He seems to have a knack for keeping the film going through the middle with a couple of twists which force you to rethink your position on the characters and their relation with eachother and the story.

Not seen Inception yet, waiting for the plebs to finish watching it, as much as I like films I hate packed cinemas
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              So give us a few films you DID enjoy.
              I don't think that any of those films you mention were deliberately made complicated. They were good ideas (well, some of them) which were written well and made entertaining. District 9 is a good example of that. A very good example, in fact. Lots of sympathy with the main character as he starts off as a kind of heartless dork and then changes. Plenty of suspense and quality action and original characters (loved the Nigerians in that film).

Seriously, when you think back over Inception... nothing happens. It's just silly. And even after all that "cleverness" and "thrills", we end up with *SPOILER* ...some guy might change how his company is run. Woah! Really?

I do realise that I'm very much in the minority here. I thought The Matrix was rubbish as well. I just don't think I've got the mindset to get excited about these melodramatic ideas which don't actually stand up to more than about three seconds of thinking about before they just crumble.

Comment

What about heat?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  What about heat?
                  What about it?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    What about it?
                    Was it a simple idea deliberately made complicated? Did you like it?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X