• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cricket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket

Cricket has been off my radar a bit since it went to Sky but here we are in the middle of July and I haven't heard anything about any test matches, not ones involving England anyhow. Who is the opposition this summer?

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Cricket has been off my radar a bit since it went to Sky but here we are in the middle of July and I haven't heard anything about any test matches, not ones involving England anyhow. Who is the opposition this summer?
    Bit of a strange configuration this year, partly due to the T20 series not finishing until mid May (England won that by the way).

After that there were two test matches against Bangladesh, one at Lords, one at Old Trafford. Bangladesh are getting better, but England still won both of those comfortably.

Then there were five one-day games against Australia which England won 3-2.

There are some other games but the main summer visitors this year are Pakistan and the first test starts on 29th July.

Comment

Two England v Bangladesh

Two neutral tests Pakistan v Australia

Four England v Pakistan

We're halfway through the second Pakistan v Australia at the moment, in which Australia were bowled out for 88 in the first innings

Comment

Working...
      X