• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

do no evil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do no evil

Google censors itself for China

Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible
    Yahoo, Google and Microsoft are part of the "Great Firewall". They helped build the infrastructure to block information.
    Sometimes I think this whole world
    Is one big prison yard:
    Some of us are prisoners,
    The rest of us are guards.

shouldn't that be see no evil ?

Comment

SKA now makes more sense, hugh?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Hugh who!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          Sorry AtW, but without ranking algorithms and sponsored links, SKA is still the software equivalent of a big boy's train set, no more than a toy.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            Nice one! Ethical searching?

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              Google censors itself for China

Sometimes I think this whole world
              Is one big prison yard:
              Some of us are prisoners,
              The rest of us are guards.
              This is the cost of doing business with a bunch of commie bistards!

Mind you, how loud would the outcry have been if you replace china with America?

It seems that as long as its not america doing stuff like this that its ok.

Mailman

Comment

Fascist

Originally posted by Mailman
                This is the cost of doing business with a bunch of commie bistards!

Mind you, how loud would the outcry have been if you replace china with America?

It seems that as long as its not america doing stuff like this that its ok.

Mailman
                You know full well that the USA is the evil empire (OK, so they don't execute thousands of prisoners at a time in football stadia, OK, so they don't attempt to track every move their citizens make, OK so they don't have purges making millions of people disappear, OK so they don't use chemical weapons on their neighbours, but they're still an evil democracy).
                Pah, you fascist.
                Why not?

Comment

I thought China were our cuddly mates now, what with their "market" that we've all got to get into, giving them the Olympics, learning Chinese at school.

Stop moaning about Tibet and give them back Taiwan, I say.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                    Sorry AtW, but without ranking algorithms and sponsored links, SKA is still the software equivalent of a big boy's train set, no more than a toy.
                    I already have (albeit poor) ranking algorithms that will get improved considerably in the following weeks. Can't see relevance of sponsored links.

Originally posted by expat
                    Nice one! Ethical searching?
                    More like not imposing my ethics on others - no censorship however, unless its spam or owner requests for data to be removed.

Comment

Working...
                    X