• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Determining Ownership of a Boundary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Determining Ownership of a Boundary

I've got a boundary with a field running down the side of my garden but I don't know who the wall that forms the boundary actually belongs to. Somebody told me to get a title plan from the Land Registry but all that seems to do is state what area of land actually belongs to a property withouth specifying ownership of the boundaries. Anyone been here before?

Yes and rather than go through the hassle/expense of trying to enforce a hazy law, I erected a new fence myself.

Try here for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Yes and rather than go through the hassle/expense of trying to enforce a hazy law, I erected a new fence myself.

Try here for advice.
      Nice one. Not much forking out 22 quid for a title plan from the land registry then. Would love to discuss it with my the landowner on the other side of the wall but he's a cantankerous old farmer so might as well forget it.

Comment

It might be in the conveyance documents, not same as deeds. Also look at convention in the rest of the street, usually same.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Some would say that two people arguing over land is like two fleas on the back of a dog arguing which one owns the dog.

My own family have had problems with land so I would disagree. Imagine owning acres of land in Hong Kong ($$$$$$$) and not being able to use it because of squatters. By squatters, I'm not talking about homeless migrants but multi-national corps. The twenty year legal battle continues... Now that is a tulip land problem.

Comment

Working...
          X