• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It would never happen under nuLieBore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would never happen under nuLieBore

A septic friend of mine got this 419 last night.

OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER
    TREASURY AND MINISTER FOR THE CIVIL SERVICE,
    LONDON,UNITED KINGDOM.

Our ref: BRT/13470/IDR
    Your ref:...23/07/2010

BRITISH GOVERNMENT POVERTY ALLEVIATION AND EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM.

On Behalf of the British Government,i wish to inform you of your selection as
    one of the Beneficiary for the on-going 2010 British Government Poverty
    Alleviation and Financial Empowerment Program worldwide. All
    participants/beneficiaries were selected randomly from Worldwide online networks
    Directories as a beneficiary of the aforementioned Program.

However,this letter is to officially inform you that an option of payment has
    been opened for you which is payment via: ATM, with ATM Card Number
    {4800010177555014} which will be accredited in your favor with your Personal
    Identification Number as 4741.

This office will mail you a Visa/ATM CARD which will be usable for the withdraw
    of the approved sum worth of £2,000,000.00 (Two Million, Great British Pounds
    Sterling) in any ATM MACHINE CENTER or Visa card outlet in the world with a
    maximum of £2500 GBP daily.

Further more,You will be required to confirm your Bio-Data as stated below to
    enable Rt Hon William Hague MP Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth
    Affairs,begin in processing of your awarded funds.

1) Full names:
    2) Address:
    3) Country:
    4) Nationality:
    5) Phone #:
    6) Age:
    7) Occupation:
    8) Zip Code
    9) Sex:

Forward all your details reply to:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Rt Hon William Hague MP
    Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
    Email: XXXXXXXXXX@w.cn
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Regards,

Rt Hon David Cameron MP
    Prime Minister

Tel: +44 ..........
    I told him that if the last lot were still in power then there would be a good chance that it was for real.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Aha! So that's where all the money went!
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Why are you posting about this here? It is quite obviously genuine. Just give them your bank details and/or whatever deposit they need. A few thousand is nothing when you stand to gain millions.

Back in the 70s I recall getting a real UK government message that I had been selected to apply for membership of a body to provide local admin after a nuclear war. Wish I'd kept the letter, it was a real piece of history. Just as well I couldn't be arsed to respond or I'd be bitterly regretting that there was no nuclear war. My one chance of power.

PS None of you lot would have been allowed in my bunker.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X