• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone call this morning from Singapore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone call this morning from Singapore

about a job. Interview is next week.

OK people, how do turn an interview in a fully paying job?

What should I ask for? Accommodation?

Did someone else from here recently move to Singapore? I'm still enjoying adapting to life in Berlin, so why does someone have to call me first thing in the morning about a job in Asia!!

And what's this "scooterscot tries hard to make sense" nonsense? Of course I make sense...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    ....so why does someone have to call me first thing in the morning about a job in Asia!!

It's 'coz dem iz slitty-eyed bastards, innit.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Did someone else from here recently move to Singapore? I'm still enjoying adapting to life in Berlin, so why does someone have to call me first thing in the morning about a job in Asia!!
      I had a call about a job in Singapore too. Good call on the accommodation, I think the apartments are about 2K a month min.

I asked who else was in for the role, agent said 56 others had been through before me. Make that 57 as I didn't hear back
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

And what's this "scooterscot tries hard to make sense" nonsense? Of course I make sense...
        Simples. Do what I do, make yourself the best, preferred candidate.

Works for me!
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          I had a call about a job in Singapore too. Good call on the accommodation, I think the apartments are about 2K a month min.

I asked who else was in for the role, agent said 56 others had been through before me. Make that 57 as I didn't hear back
          If that competition is typical then I should perhaps ease off the expat sites. Feeding my euphoria is not helping...

Just out curiosity, I was contacted by a consultancy (and not an agency), same for you? Began with an E...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If that competition is typical then I should perhaps ease off the expat sites. Feeding my euphoria is not helping...

Just out curiosity, I was contacted by a consultancy (and not an agency), same for you? Began with an E...
            I was contacted via Linkedin by an agent or "headhunter" as he liked to call himself. I have just moved to Zurich so I am not ready for another move just yet. Anyway I am planning a move to New Zeland this time next year, so I was not really interested, but if they had come up with the 200K I asked for, I might have repacked.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              I was contacted via Linkedin by an agent or "headhunter"
              Likewise, was found via linkedin..

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Simples. Do what I do, make yourself the best, preferred candidate.

Works for me!
                I like your style...

Comment

Likewise, was found via linkedin..
                  Might have been the same role
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                  X