• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving To Vodafone From O2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving To Vodafone From O2

So far quite dissapointing - o2 was pretty good -

They had an iphone app that told you quickly how much of your allowance you had used up

Plus vodafones coverage is noway near as good which is really surprising

On top of that their website is super slow compared to o2

Has anyone else moved from o2 to vodafone and what did they think

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
    Are you in Australia now?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Are you in Australia now?
      No sunny London

Comment

No sunny London
        Are you using iPhone4?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Are you using iPhone4?
          Nope - Still with the 3GS - 3G coverage is poor in central london and website slow from home and work

Its just clunky

Comment

No sunny London
            Can you do us all a favour and feck off home

Ta
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

So far quite dissapointing - o2 was pretty good -

They had an iphone app that told you quickly how much of your allowance you had used up

On top of that their website is super slow compared to o2

Has anyone else moved from o2 to vodafone and what did they think
              I moved from vodafone to O2 about 5 years ago and was very happy I did!
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Last year I spent a couple of months in Yeadon, near Leeds-Bradford International Airport. The mobile coverage was atrocious: O2 (who have been just fine everywhere else in the 10+ years I've been using them) often couldn't provide a signal at all when I was indoors, and my 3 modem-dongly-thing was completely useless most of the time.

The locals all agreed that mobile coverage was atrocious, and also highly variable. It might be that you started a conversation with a good signal, but within a minute the signal would vanish. (That was fun when I was trying to talk to the agent who was offering the contract that would get me out of there.) The Yeadonians were convinced it was something to do with the proximity of the airport; they reckoned that the local towers deliberately lowered their signal levels when planes were taking off or landing, which happened every few minutes for most of the day. I'm not convinced that their theories were correct, but reception with any carrier was complete rubbish and extremely variable.

One permie told me that since he'd switched to Vodafone he'd had no problems. A couple of hours later, another permie told me that since he'd switched from Vodafone he'd had no problems. These people sat within ten feet of one another. Our minds are good at filling in the gaps to make what we want to believe seem real.

One amusing incident arose when a woman who worked there was trading in her MX5 for a newer MX5. The chap from the dealership drove it up there, but he had to connect a laptop to the old car and upload the data about mileage and such from its computer before the handover could be completed, which was done over 3G. His arrival coincided with one of the times when the signal just vanished, but he couldn't take the older car away until the upload was done, nor could he leave the immediate vicinity of the newer car in case somebody nicked it while it was still his responsibility. He was left hanging around outside for about an hour until he finally got a connection established. And, being Yorkshire, it was raining

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  And, being Yorkshire, it was raining
                  Poor choice of car for Yorkshire it seems.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                  X