• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maternity SMP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maternity SMP

Hi,

I am contracting through Brookson using umbrella and can't find any information as to whether I am entitled to SMP, can anyone help?

I was through Parasol, it was standard government SMP. Give your brolly a ring, I'm sure you are.

Bugger all, but every little helps of course.

Originally posted by Wenders View Post
    Hi,

I am contracting through Brookson using umbrella and can't find any information as to whether I am entitled to SMP, can anyone help?

Comment

Hi,

You are employed by the Umbrella company so should have these benefits yes. You didn't look very far for information about your question though. Tried google?

yadda yadda. Search for 'umbrella company maternity pay' you get about 18k hits.
      Last edited by administrator; 7 March 2011, 16:33. Reason: links removed
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Also phone up them lovely IR people for a confidential chat.

Slightly different, but I was employeeing my other half when she fell pregnant. A quick confidential chat with the IR I soon discovered that SMP was based on a calculation of an eight week qualifying period that could be used to get a higher percentage of pay ,before falling back to standard rates.

A little jiggery pokery by increasing her salary for a number of months allowed us to max out.

Congratulations BTW.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You are employed by the Umbrella company so should have these benefits yes. You didn't look very far for information about your question though. Tried google?

<snip>

Link 2

yadda yadda. Search for 'umbrella company maternity pay' you get about 18k hits.
          Thanks, I actually did google it first as most even slightly intelligant people would but if you had bothered to read the articles properley it says not all umbrella companies are the same... Thanks tho!!

Thanks everyone else for the advice, I finally got a call back from Brookson and I am entitled to 6 weeks at 90% pay then 36 at 125 a week.

Comment

Thanks, I actually did google it first as most even slightly intelligant people would but if you had bothered to read the articles properley it says not all umbrella companies are the same... Thanks tho!!

Thanks everyone else for the advice, I finally got a call back from Brookson and I am entitled to 6 weeks at 90% pay then 36 at 125 a week.

A newbie, comes on here asking a question, thanks us for the responses and then comes back to give us an update!

Has this ever happened before?

Sorry Wenders, it looks like we are going to have to have you stuffed, not in the way you are already.

Comment

...I am entitled to 6 weeks at 90% pay ....
              So hang on, is that 90% of your current contract dayrate, or what? Shirley not, otherwise the brolly would be out of pocket??

Or am I missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by ee61re View Post
                So hang on, is that 90% of your current contract dayrate, or what? Shirley not, otherwise the brolly would be out of pocket??

Or am I missing something here?
                Government pay up to 105% of it.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Haaa do new people not normally reply then?! Maybe it's because they get someone saying have you goggled it....

Yes the umbrella company have to cover 90% of you weekly earnings based on an average from an 8 week period... Was chuffed when I found out as have been trying to get a permanent job so I can start a family if I want to. I please I chose to go back to being under an umbrella company

Not sure about being stuffed in any sense of the word but thanks I feel special

Comment

god help the child....
                    Last edited by Newby; 28 July 2010, 14:29.

Comment

Working...
                    X