• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Raytheon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raytheon

Has anyone been hit by the Raytheon cancellation?

The cancellation of such large contract will hit some big consultancies. Their consultants will need work elsewhere, pushing out contractors. This may impact the industry and contracting.

Nope.

And I don't imagine that their high-falutin' consultants will bother with down-and-dirty contracts that I go for.

UK ends Raytheon border contract | Reuters
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Nope.

And I don't imagine that their high-falutin' consultants will bother with down-and-dirty contracts that I go for.

UK ends Raytheon border contract | Reuters
      It sounds like you are alright jack.

when consultancies lose multi million pound contracts they have to place their staff somewhere or they lay them off. Either way they will be looking at work they would not otherwise consider.

Comment

"But the government, which has spent 188 million pounds on the contract to date, said it will seek alternative providers for the project."

Nothing to see here folks!

Comment

Any amount of chopping and changing is good for independent contractors, apart from the most entrenched ones. Whoever replaces Raytheon will need to get some skills on board in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Any amount of chopping and changing is good for independent contractors, apart from the most entrenched ones. Whoever replaces Raytheon will need to get some skills on board in a hurry.
            WHS
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Maybe that's actually good news for UK contractors? They're unlikely to award this to Bob Shawaddywaddy Ltd are they?
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
                It sounds like you are alright jack.

when consultancies lose multi million pound contracts they have to place their staff somewhere or they lay them off. Either way they will be looking at work they would not otherwise consider.
                Hello! Contractor portal! Of course it's every man/woman/entity for themselves..

I never worry about permies being made redundant. Most of them are waiting for the next permie role to jump back into.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                X