• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I received an interesting spam response on a blog

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received an interesting spam response on a blog

Author: Adan Plowden (IP: 89.138.203.228, 89-138-203-228.bb.netvision.net.il)
    Email: [email protected]
    Url: Sexhinam.com Site Info
    Comment: Finding duplicates
    It's such a great resource that you are offering and you give it away absolutely free. I honestly appreciate seeing web sites that recognize the importance of providing a valuable resource for no cost. I honestly loved reading your post :-) Thank you!
    Why is a spammer using an Alexa site as his URL? To gain credibility perhaps?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Why is a spammer using an Alexa site as his URL? To gain credibility perhaps?
    SEO rank flowing reasons: Alexa is a trusted site and it links to their site without nofollow tag, this means they can spam Alexa link that seems trusted, and gain some rank.

Allegedly.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      SEO rank flowing reasons: Alexa is a trusted site and it links to their site without nofollow tag, this means they can spam Alexa link that seems trusted, and gain some rank.

Allegedly.

thanks for the explanation. Price of success I suppose!
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        thanks for the explanation. Price of success I suppose!
        Yes, Alexa is a very successful company...

Comment

Working...
        X