• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Platinum Caravan!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Platinum Caravan!!!!!

Not yet embarked on my holiday to the caravan park as I am joining midweek.

The Father In Law, a recently retired MD of a large Consultancy & his money spending spouse had booked two one week caravans at this fantastic location for all the family. Booking the top of the range 'Platinum' caravan, they are dismayed that there is no balcony, they are near an electricity pylon and the rooms are the size of cupboards.

He has paid £1000 each for this family treat and the news from the wife is, he's pretty upset it's not better.

Haven Park Overlay?

Does anyone think it would be rude if I feign claustrophobia and book a local 4 star hotel for the rest of the week?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Does anyone think it would be rude if I feign claustrophobia and book a local 4 star hotel for the rest of the week?
    Yes, it would be rude. But I think you'll book the hotel anyway
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I can see how this will go.

FIL(Ex consultant) - ' I used to be MD of XXX Ltd. I am a very senior consultant. The caravan is small, the walls are thin, a microwave is not executive and it's a bloody rip off for a £1000'

Receptionist - 'I can tell you're a consultant. You've just told me something I already know!!!!!'

Comment

You won't be there for long and I'm sure you can arrange an "urgent work issue" if things get desperate. Or book a hotel.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          You won't be there for long and I'm sure you can arrange an "urgent work issue" if things get desperate. Or book a hotel.
          Well I definitely cant use 'A family member has suddenly died'.

Comment

Well I definitely cant use 'A family member has suddenly died'.
            Got any pets? A great aunt?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Take a tent. It's got to be better than a caravan. They'll probably charge extra for such luxury though.

Comment

You pays your money and takes your chance.

What did he expect for what he spent?

I'm guessing havens don't really deal with "don't you know who I am". It's a caravan park FFS.

If you (he) wanted the savoy he should have booked it.

Either enjoy the time with your family or do something else. From the pics it looks fine for time with the family away from it all. luxury, no... but time well spent maybe.

Comment

dismayed that there is no balcony
                  He needs to explain that one. Did he actually know what a caravan is? Why the heck should it have a balcony? Where would it go? As he's a consultant, ask him to "whiteboard it" for you. Is he a complete idiot?

Comment

Maybe by "balcony" he meant one of those canopy thingies you attach to the side of the caravan and sit around outside beneath it.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X