• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lunch; Sushi and Sake!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch; Sushi and Sake!

Sushi bar across the road.

Is it wrong to go for sushi and sake on third day at clientco?
    HAI! It is wrong, you disgusting little man
    7.69%
    BANZAI! Go and enjoy it, you're a contractor
    84.62%
    Andyw is goes all scatty after a bottle of sake
    7.69%
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Sushi bar across the road.

Is it wrong to go for sushi and sake on third day at clientco?
    Nothing wrong with it per se - except why would you want to eat and drink that crappy Japanese muck? The Japanese may be good at engineering and such but their cuisine sucks big time.
    Unfortunately the current fad with chefs and cuisine means that plenty of idiots are brainwashed into thinking any foreign food is good.
    FFS There are now Korean and Somali restaurants in London when everone knows those cultures cuisine is rubbish.
    Sake, FFS? Tastes tulipe.
    Last edited by sasguru; 27 July 2010, 10:09.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Perhaps just 4-5 sake, no need to over do it on the third day.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Meanwhile somewhere in Japan, there's a contractor wondering whether it's OK to have a Fray Bentos pie and a can of Tizer.

Comment

Many years ago when I first started contracting 2-3 pints per day down the pub was the usual form.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

BANZAI!

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              BANZAI!

http://japanese-phrases.sakura.ne.jp/f391.mp3
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Never!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So are you p1ssed yet Mich?
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Many years ago when I first started contracting 2-3 pints per day down the pub was the usual form.
                    I must have missed that note if it changed?

Comment

Working...
                    X