• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm becoming a father in a week or so - tips?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm becoming a father in a week or so - tips?

Cheers ...

Originally posted by bobsmithldn
    Cheers ...
    DNA test.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Enjoy every minute. It only seems like yesterday I was looking forward to becoming a father - youngest is now 15, elsdest 21.

Comment

Adoption. Only joking - congrats.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

No problems. The first 18 years are a bit tricky, after that it gets easier.

I hope you ain't doing the Project Manager thing though - one minute's input at the start of the process, wait 9 montths while others do the work, then claim all the credit!
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Two weeks to go?

Get a lot of sleep in 'cos you won't be having any for a while...

Be prepared for your partner / wife to lose all powers of rational thought and decision making. After the trauma of pooing of a melon and the physical exhaustion of breast feeding your missus will be a blithering wreck for a good month or two.

Brush up on onanism techniques as you won't be getting any of that for a month or so either.

My advice - book a two month holiday somewhere warm and come back when the dust settled

As father of a 12 weeker I can say you are in for the experience of a lifetime, you will laugh, you may possibly cry if you are a girly type of man but whatever happens your mind will be blown and your life will not be the same once it arrives.

Enjoy your last few days of freedom!
            my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret
              Get a lot of sleep in 'cos you won't be having any for a while...

Be prepared for your partner / wife to lose all powers of rational thought and decision making. After the trauma of pooing of a melon and the physical exhaustion of breast feeding your missus will be a blithering wreck for a good month or two.

Brush up on onanism techniques as you won't be getting any of that for a month or so either.

My advice - book a two month holiday somewhere warm and come back when the dust settled

As father of a 12 weeker I can say you are in for the experience of a lifetime, you will laugh, you may possibly cry if you are a girly type of man but whatever happens your mind will be blown and your life will not be the same once it arrives.

Enjoy your last few days of freedom!
              Excellent - great advice - have been larging it up for the past 9 months - boozeing, champagne, chicks, etc.

But calmed down now, really looking forward to it man ...

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn
                Excellent - great advice - have been larging it up for the past 9 months - boozeing, champagne, chicks, etc.

But calmed down now, really looking forward to it man ...

Here's some advice.

Drop the word "man" from the end of your sentences. You're old enough to get a girl up the duff, so act it.

Comment

Get yourself a nice young girlfriend as soon your Mrs'll have a chuff like a wizad's sleeve...

If you have any trouble, give me a shout - my plan B exposes me to many of the aforementioned young fillies - I'll happily DHL you one over, or something
                  The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Congratulations!

I have to wait until August.......

Comment

Working...
                    X