• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have nothing to do.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nothing to do.

After 18 months of doing very little but being able to say "I'm doing..." I now actually have nothing to do. Told the director on thu, but few days on still sitting doing **** all... crazy ... gotta love this contracting malarky eh?

IR35

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      IR35
      Indeed a true business knows how to do **** all and still charge £500 a day
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Indeed a true business knows how to do **** all and still charge £500 a day
        First rule of doing nothing for £500/day...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          First rule of doing nothing for £500/day...
          What do you mean the server has gone down? I'm far too busy evaluating SLA escalation procedures to be bothered with that now.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
            After 18 months of doing very little but being able to say "I'm doing..." I now actually have nothing to do. Told the director on thu, but few days on still sitting doing **** all... crazy ... gotta love this contracting malarky eh?
            Be glad. Just imagine a real job, carrying heavy objects, having to kow-tow to some middle manager numpty and getting paid a pittance.

Suggestions as to how to amuse yourself;

1 invoice
            2 reformat invoice, to look a bit more expensive when printed on parchment. Remember, people should feel good about spending a tulipload of money.
            3 CUK
            4 Drink sake!
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
              Why not spend your time checking out Rangers' activity in the transfer market? Now that really DOES personify "doing **** all!!"

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Why not spend your time checking out Rangers' activity in the transfer market? Now that really DOES personify "doing **** all!!"

I was really hoping we would get some top class talent from Scunthorpe this year too

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Be glad. Just imagine a real job, carrying heavy objects, having to kow-tow to some middle manager numpty and getting paid a pittance.

Suggestions as to how to amuse yourself;

1 invoice
                  2 reformat invoice, to look a bit more expensive when printed on parchment. Remember, people should feel good about spending a tulipload of money.
                  3 CUK
                  4 Drink sake!
                  No3 ... hence I'm back ... that board.
                  No4 ... that's been my job for 18 months anyway ... except it's whisky.

I've been given the all clear to do f*** all. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                  X