• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retirement age limit scrapped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement age limit scrapped

Fantastic news, you can work til you drop! Official like

Linky

The government is planning to scrap the default retirement age in the UK from October 2011.

Under the proposal, employers would not be allowed to dismiss staff because they had reached the age of 65.
    Just imagine ....
    Linky
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I see.

Work til I drop.

Tory bastards.
    This would never have happened under New Liebour
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Don't worry. When you're 65 you can apply for a job as my butler. I'll need someone to look after me in my retirement.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I see.

Work til I drop.

Tory bastards.
        Where's the problem if you love your job and want to carry on working?

The real bastards are those who gave out benefits we can't afford.

Comment

Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
          Where's the problem if you love your job and want to carry on working?

The real bastards are those who gave out benefits we can't afford.
          WHS

For the next few years, all over Europe but particularly in the UK, we're going to hear lots of people complaining that the government is cutting spending on something that they rely upon or desire. It is the inevitable consequence of years of fiscal profligacy.

As the former Chief Secretary to the Treasury wrote in a note he left behind on the desk for his successor, 'I'm afraid there isn't any money left'.

Labour bastards.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Don't worry. When you're 65 you can apply for a job as my butler. I'll need someone to look after me in my retirement.
            Don't temp me to retire you

Comment

I see.

Work til I drop.

Tory bastards.
              What else are you going to do?

Personally if I've got the kind of income and work when I'm 70 that I've got now I'll be a happy if grey not so little bunny.

The devil makes work for idle hands!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Fantastic news, you can work til you drop! Official like

Linky

Just imagine ....
                Linky

Does that mean there will be wrinkly hairy grannies on adult web-cam sites
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Does this mean I can claim jobseekers allowance as long as I like?
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Personally if I've got the kind of income and work when I'm 70 that I've got now I'll be a happy if grey not so little bunny
                    nah, you won't. Your priorities will change before you get to it. Or by rights, I should have that permanent personal bouncy castle that I promised myself by now.

Comment

Working...
                    X