• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sponsored Links on Google

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sponsored Links on Google

The blurb was a bit vague - £0.01 - £50!!

Whats the deal here. If I had an ecommerce site selling gifts for example, what are the likely costs?, traffic etc.

Anyone know of anywhere to read about it apart from google advertising
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

we have just started to do it. amazing results it must be said. our costs are currently about a fiver [that's about 2 pints mf] a day. it is proving to be well worth it.

Comment

Heavily depends on market, more precisely your margins - some areas are totally overpriced so that there is no chance to make profit whatsoever, however it is recommended to give it a go - risks are low and rewards can be potentially high.

Comment

of course, what we're really waiting for are sponsored links on the ska.

Comment

All in good time, all in good time

Comment

What are you sites scotspine?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

only 1 site mf and i'm not giving it out here, not now! maybe later when our obvious success will stop the loafers and idlers here from having their usual scoff-fest.

but really, it's well worth investigating.

Comment

The Google Ad Words can be a bit strange at times. There are a few free forums out there for some background reading, or you could always try http://perrymarshall.com/

Comment

I believe it's like an auction: the more you pay, the higher up the list you get for certain search words. My old company paid about £800 per day for a week to try to get hits. If you're selling something fairly generic like "gifts" then expect to pay big.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                    I believe it's like an auction: the more you pay, the higher up the list you get for certain search words.
                    No - they did it much smarter: the guy who wins is certainly the guy who pays to Google most, but this does not mean he will pay more per click - Google' much rather allow guy who pays 10 pence per click but generates 1000 clicks than guy who pays 1 quid per click, but generates only 10 clicks.

Comment

Working...
                    X