• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The shop told mum...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shop told mum...

The shop told mum that the first lot of ink would be used up quicker as the printer has to be primed.

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

No doubt PC World.

I am sure that they rotate their staff with Burger King

Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Expert information

Reading an article in a 'techie' magazine............

'it doesn't matter which phone you pick as an mp3 player as they will all be playing the same mp3 file....'

On that little goldmine of information I can save thousand of pounds on expensive hi-fi and video equipment as they use the same source information as a cheap alba or amstrad. Come to think of it I can sell my Canon dlsr and by a vivitar from QVC as they will both be used to photograph the same images.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        The shop told mum that the first lot of ink would be used up quicker as the printer has to be primed.

What's funny about that?, it's true.

I once heard someone in PC world telling a customer that the latest PC was 2GHz and that meant that they could connect to the internet at 2000MHz.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom

I once heard someone in PC world telling a customer that the latest PC was 2GHz and that meant that they could connect to the internet at 2000MHz.

Any fool knows that the latest PC has the internet already downloaded on its Mp4 Floppy adapator, thats a great feature as you dont need a modem and no more expensive connection bills.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded

Oh yeah - like

God, you think you know it all don't you?

If you're so farkin smart why didn't you get your mum a printer in the first place.

As it happens: -

a) some printers have a length of pipe between the cartridge and the print head (usually the better kind of printer, that doesn't incorp the head into the cartridge).

b) many inkjet printerd DO INDEED need to be PRIMED with a fairly large quantity of ink when new, out of the box.

On printers that have a droplet counter (e.g. Epson Photo) the initial printer setup will consume a larger than usual amount of ink in priming the printer head feeders and purging the print head.

In short - the PC World lad was correct - and you are not.

Twat!
            Last edited by bogeyman; 30 January 2006, 23:22.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

The cartridges that come with low-budget printers are usually half empty because the manufacturers want to make money on cartridges and not printers.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                The cartridges that come with low-budget printers are usually half empty because the manufacturers want to make money on cartridges and not printers.
                That's correct too.

Nothing to do with 'priming' tho - just cheating!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom

My my, you must have wet yourself. But it is true, you do connect with a CPU running at 2000Mhz, your PC is faster, the browsing is quicker, and overall the internet is a lot more pleasurable experience. You need to have a red hot poker rammed up your ass.

Comment

the shop told mum...

Please pay for those items under your coat then fook off you pikey biitch
                    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Working...
                    X