• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People with cats more likely to drive like twats!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People with cats more likely to drive like twats!

According to research maybe one should be more careful around people with a liking for cats...

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2334/2/11

... they're a bit slow you see.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    According to research maybe one should be more careful around people with a liking for cats...

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2334/2/11

... they're a bit slow you see.

Funny that, I read that people who're fat are likely to drive like a twat...

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      I won't have cats in the house, or even in the garden, where I have fun sneaking up on the messy barstards and throwing rocks at them.

Or dogs.

Comment

What you throw dogs at the cats!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          What you throw dogs at the cats!
          My next door neighbour had this ex-police dog that hated cats. In fact, the police got rid of it because whenever it saw a cat it forgot what it was supposed to be doing and chased after it.

I've only seen it in action once, unfortunately the cat got away, but since then the bloke wouldn't let it off the leash anywhere near them. I'm not sure whether it got hold of any in its own garden though.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            My next door neighbour had this ex-police dog that hated cats. In fact, the police got rid of it because whenever it saw a cat it forgot what it was supposed to be doing and chased after it.

I've only seen it in action once, unfortunately the cat got away, but since then the bloke wouldn't let it off the leash anywhere near them. I'm not sure whether it got hold of any in its own garden though.
            My sister and her husband went to view a house and having arrived, the instant they opened the car door their mutt leapt out and savaged the neighbour's cat, minding its own business basking in the sun on a nearby wall. A team of vets, in a five hour operation or something ridiculous, managed to stitch the cat back together and save its life and my sister later got a bill for fifteen hundred pounds!

Funny thing is, the dog (a smelly old greyhound) is usually so catatonically bone idle it practically leans against a wall to bark. When curled up by the fireplace, it needs nudging in the ribs occasionally to check it is still alive. But as soon as it sights a cat or a rabbit it's away like, um, well like a greyhound.
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 29 January 2006, 09:36.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              I won't have cats in the house, or even in the garden, where I have fun sneaking up on the messy barstards and throwing rocks at them.

Or dogs.
              I wouldn't recommend this, or do it myself, but if neighbours' cats are really bugging you or damaging your garden, you could try planting a few tiger lilies - For some strange reason, tiger lily pollen is deadly poisonous to cats. They only have to brush against one flower, and later lick a few microscopic pollen grains off their fur, and they'll be dead within minutes.

I did a quick search, and on second thoughts, it's definitely not a good idea because the cats apparently suffer quite a bit. See Cat owners warned over killer flowers
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 28 January 2006, 21:15.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I think the best answer is to fight fire with fire and get a cat. Not only does it stop all the neighbours' cats from crapping in your garden but it goes and craps in someone else's for good measure.

Sorted.

Comment

Working...
                X