• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella recommendations

I recently closed down my LTD.

However, unexpectedly I am finding myself back in the contracting world for a short term.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good umbrella company?

I am looking for good service, quick response times, do not dawdle with payments and as little NI and Tax as possible, within the law (I am not looking for offshore and other loopholes).

Really just looking for a decent one.

Many thanks.

This one is pretty good:

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post

However, unexpectedly I am finding myself back in the contracting world for a short term.

I am looking for good service, quick response times, do not dawdle with payments and as little NI and Tax as possible, within the law (I am not looking for offshore and other loopholes).

Many thanks.
      Start up a new Ltd Co for your short term contract and close it at the end of the year,
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Many thanks.
        I have used Parasol twice for short term contracts and they have been fine.

They are one of the largest, others may be cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Start up a new Ltd Co for your short term contract and close it at the end of the year,
          Not recommended by my accountant, as my current LTD is still in the process of being closed. HMRC may look at this as an attempt at tax evasion (closing down a company for the sole reason or realizing profits with minimum taxation). I don't need the attention.

Comment

Not recommended by my accountant, as my current LTD is still in the process of being closed. HMRC may look at this as an attempt at tax evasion (closing down a company for the sole reason or realizing profits with minimum taxation). I don't need the attention.
            Not so. You can have as many limited companies as you want. Change your accountant.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Hector is under pressure enough to be bothered by a wee Ltd that might be stiffing him for short change. Find an accountant that understands what a contractor is / does.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
              X