• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Food inflation 'could go beyond 10pc before next year'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food inflation 'could go beyond 10pc before next year'

Food inflation 'could go beyond 10pc before next year' - Telegraph

There is a lot of alarmist talk in that article, but fortunately level-headed Chris Etherington, chief executive of wholesaler P&H, is on hand to calmly say: "I think this could be the beginning of the double-dip recession. This is really scary stuff."

Gideon didn't change the uprating of pensions and benefits to an index that excludes (or at least has a lower sensitivity to) non-core inflation items for no reason.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It's ok.

I am sure it will be more than compensated by price reductions of plazma tellies and in the worst case Gov of BoE will write a letter to the chancellor blaming it all on VAT increase...

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
        Oh no!!!!
        Me, me, me...

Comment

So will people inflation decrease by 10 %?
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

They've slipped it in, but Wetherspoons no longer do the 2 meals for 1 offer!
            They still have fish n chips for 2.99 in the afternoon though - when I'm back on the bench I may have to get used to that as my main meal of the day
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Expect to see food items getting smaller if not more expensive. You only get 3 Mars bars for a £1 in the Pound Shop now rather than the 4 you could get a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
              X