• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The wedding party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wedding party

There was a bit noise of car horns coming up from the street as I come back from having my weekly bath and I look out the window to see what it was all about.

Across the road is this huge white stretch limousine with ribbons on the front. “Another fracking chav wedding from the council estate over the road”, thinks HAB. Then the ladies come out; loads of ‘em. It’s going to be crowded in that car! All dressed in some Asian clobber. They do look lovely. Some chaps around too, but in smart Western suits, not morning dress though.

As I look out upon the festivities, a tailback of about seven more cars have gathered behind the limousine and are causing an obstruction to any cars that are not part of the party. They are parked over the pedestrian crossing too. There is never a policeman or a traffic warden around when they are needed.

There is no shortage of funds for that family with all that expense.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

That's not me. Too young, slim and good looking.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      That's not me. Too young, slim and good looking.
      Nice bazookas though.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Very lucky that he happened to have his tackle positioned behind that little square of frosted glass.

Comment

There was a bit noise of car horns coming up from the street as I come back from having my weekly bath and I look out the window to see what it was all about.

Across the road is this huge white stretch limousine with ribbons on the front. “Another fracking chav wedding from the council estate over the road”, thinks HAB. Then the ladies come out; loads of ‘em. It’s going to be crowded in that car! All dressed in some Asian clobber. They do look lovely. Some chaps around too, but in smart Western suits, not morning dress though.

As I look out upon the festivities, a tailback of about seven more cars have gathered behind the limousine and are causing an obstruction to any cars that are not part of the party. They are parked over the pedestrian crossing too. There is never a policeman or a traffic warden around when they are needed.

There is no shortage of funds for that family with all that expense.
          This is a very confusing post. Are you actually trying to make any sort of a point or comment?

3/10 must do better.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            This is a very confusing post. Are you actually trying to make any sort of a point or comment?

3/10 must do better.
            Asian weddings are worse than pikey weddings for trying to "outdo" each other. No class whatsoever.

Comment

There was a bit noise of car horns coming up from the street as I come back from having my weekly bath .
              HAB, a trip to the municiple baths does not constitute an actual bath, no matter how much chlorine they put in the water!
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

OI ! It was my own bath.

I even cleaned it in June because it was my Birthday as well as Bathday.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  HAB, a trip to the municiple baths does not constitute an actual bath, no matter how much chlorine they put in the water!
                  Shhh. When he says he has a bath all he really does is take a walk around Coldbath Square.

We all know that it doesn't count, but we are not going to mention it, right?

Comment

I went to a Cypriote village wedding. Babies and young kinds were rolled over the newly weds mattress and then everyone donated money on top the mattress. It’s tradition the brides father buys the couple a new house which is nice as the couple start their new life without any debts. They just save up money for the next generation.

The mattress is carried by the wedding party to the house where the couple make use of it while the rest of the party goes on. About an hour later a blood stained sheet is brought out to the cheers of the party.
                    Last edited by Paddy; 2 August 2010, 13:56.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X