• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jews and Lebbos at it again....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jews and Lebbos at it again....

Deaths in Israel-Lebanon clash - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

At least three Lebanese soldiers have been killed by Israeli forces during an exchange of rocket and gunfire along the border between the two countries.

A journalist was also killed, and five more Lebanese soldiers wounded in the Israeli shelling on Tuesday.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Oooh. It was two Israelis shot earlier. Sounds like it's going to kick off.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Gas Panic

Seems to be something to do with Natural Gas. Long time since we've had a good scrap about energy resources.....

The Associated Press: Natural gas could lead to new Lebanon-Israel war

Natural gas could lead to new Lebanon-Israel war

By BASSEM MROUE (AP) – Jul 26, 2010

BEIRUT — The discovery of large natural gas reserves under the waters of the eastern Mediterranean could potentially mean a huge economic windfall for Israel and Lebanon, both resource-poor nations — if it doesn't spark new war between them.

The Hezbollah militant group has blared warnings that Israel plans to steal natural gas from Lebanese territory and vows to defend the resources with its arsenal of rockets. Israel says the fields it is developing do not extend into Lebanese waters, a claim experts say appears to be correct, but the maritime boundary between the two countries — still officially at war — has never been precisely set.
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

But then gas and oil could be sucked out from beneath the other's territory without any ships or rigs being in it. Depends who drills first.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I wondered if the markets would react quickly to this.

FTSE down nearly 40 pips
          DOW down nearly 60

Like I said the other day, summats up, not long now.

HTH
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Best get some beans in. I only have two tins.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Q: What do you call a lesbian with long fingernails?
              A: Single

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Q: What do you call a lesbian with long fingernails?
                A: Single
                Oops, wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Best get some beans in. I only have two tins.
                  I had a can of beans for lunch that have somewhat perplexingly provided no evidence of deleterious consequence that I have noticed. Odd, as I thought said effects usually commenced a couple of hours after consumption and continued for several hours. They were posh Branston Baked Beans though, rather than ye old faithful Sainsbury's own brand.

Comment

I read on the beeb that this latest row was because of a tree.

Edit: Ceasefire declared from what I read. A lot of Israeli jets in the air when it all kicked off apparently, with Hamas watching in the wings. Nasty business.

It feels to me like "they" are building tensions in the region like a slow hand clap. I can't see the point to be honest.
                    Last edited by suityou01; 3 August 2010, 16:54.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X