• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Following through with things

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following through with things

Is admirable!

Many a person starts a new project, a new journey in life, a new hobby or resolution. As we know many people find it difficult to follow through with these new sojourns. It is therefore an admirable trait that you should have.

There are books written on the subject

Instructing you on how to complete, on how to strive forward.

It is an admirable quality to be found in sportsmen. Of course to be the best, the Javelin, the discus, long jump. The ability to follow through is sort. Footballers, boxers all taught to follow through for maximum affect. The tennis serve, the golf swing, the throw in for football, the cricket drive - all follow through. It is admirable. A quality you should strive for.

It's a fantastic quality to have.....

Unfortunately there is one time when the 'Follow through' is not a sort after quality. In this case after the very spicy curry I had last night and when in a meeting first thing trying to squeeze one out. An embarrassing morning.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    is not a sought after quality.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I always get to the end of the tune I'm playing otherwise there's no point in starting.

So many people I know never finish projects of any sort and I was guilty of the same years ago but resolved to sort it out which I did.

The ability to complete or fulfill any promise is a rare thing but what a way to build a reputation if you can.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I suppose follow-through is worse than holding on (in) at great discomfort, only to discover it was wind. Ever had a one caught between your buttock cheeks?

Comment

Yeah, you should be congratulated for finishing a job once started. Well done sir! There may be a promotion for you in this.

Comment

Working...
          X