• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SThree group interim results

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SThree group interim results

for the period ending 30 May 2010 have been posted:

SThree plc - Interim Results

To summarise:

Profit, placements and gross margin are all down on the same period in 2009.

Average gross profit per day on contracts was £83.91, average contract margin was 21.4%.

Which unless I am mistaken means that the average contract was placed at about £392.10 and the average contractor was receiving £308.19.

(Of course this average is across all 'brands' and locations so doesn't mean too much.)

Progressive, Computer Futures Solutions, Huxley and Real Resourcing account for more than 99% of group revenue - the other brands are lost in the noise.

Padinka
    I'm not so think as you drunk I am...

It always amazes me that so many contractors continue to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Had another enquiry from their German outpost this very morning.

I still don't speak German.
      So what is the German for 'I need 2 references'
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        So what is the German for 'I need 2 references'
        Actual German agencies don't ask for references, it only tends to be the UK agencies who have offices here do and thats only a recent thing. I tell them no (actually the current one wouldn't go ahead without references so I gave them a couple of people in the USA who I had worked with and they never contacted them.)
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I only recently realised CF, Progressive and Huxley were Sthree brands recently after blacklisting each firm because of their appalling grasp of geography.

One would think London would be quite easy to find. It seems not, each company has spammed my inbox with details of hundreds of roles, anywhere but London in anything but my discipline. That is over a period of several years so recession isn't an excuse.

Some of the agents have been extremely rude when I ask for my details to be removed from their regional offices. Others are amiable enough but the spam continues the next day.

Real Resourcing have actually managed to find London.

What other brands do they own? The annual report was abit tl;dr for this time of day having been up all night again sorting and filtering irrelevant agency e-mails to score agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Aman View Post
            What other brands do they own? The annual report was abit tl;dr for this time of day having been up all night again sorting and filtering irrelevant agency e-mails to score agencies.
            Here's a list from three years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Computer Futures
              Progressive
              Huxley Associates
              Solutions in Staffing & Software
              All the Jobs
              Banking People
              Conexus Recruitment
              IR Solutions
              Jobboard
              JP Gray
              MG Resourcing
              Madison Black
              New Wave Resourcing
              Orgtel Contract
              Pathway Resourcing
              PCR Europe
              Peoplequest
              Real IT Resourcing
              Staff Search Group
              S Three Management Services
              Strategic Resource Group Limited
              Tactical Resourcing Limited
              Huxley Associates Finance

Thanks very much. I've not been keeping up to date with sector M&As and 'who owns whom' until I recently sorted my e-mail into agency folders (thanks to benchtime).

I worked for Pathway years ago BTW, before part of the company moved to Dubai. The agent JB was proactive, found an excelllent match very quickly with excellent rates, initial telephone interview and no problems.

I've not had problems with any of the companies above per se, because the alerts I receive from the agents at some firms are quite random.

I wonder how many placements firms who select by postcode lose to competitors because their competitors select from a broader set of locations they can't or won't.

Comment

Working...
              X