• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something completely random

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something completely random

I was looking for a quote and I came across this. What an odd thing to make a web page about.

Death of Famous Scientists
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

White text on black, switching back makes my eyes go fuzzy.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      In the Good Old Days, it would have been green characters on a black background.

Much easier on the eyes.

Or, for the rebels, amber characters on a black background.
      I used to have a lovely amber on black wyse terminal, which I rather stupidly left it in former clients machine room. I don't think you can get them anymore.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Alan Mathison Turing
        1. On the 17th day of December, 1951, at Wilmslow, being a male person, committed an act of gross indecency with Arnold Murray, a male person.
        2. On the 17th day of December, 1951, at Wilmslow, being a male person was party to the commission of an act of gross indecency with Arnold Murray, a male person.
        Proof if ever it was needed that Wilmslow is a male person.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I used to have a lovely amber on black wyse terminal, which I rather stupidly left it in former clients machine room. I don't think you can get them anymore.
          I'm now feeling guilty for all the old computers I have let die. Most of them don't even raise a hit if you put their names into ebay. How sad.

Comment

Ooh I never had anything as cool as that, more the sort of low end sun & HP boxes that no one ever really loved. But they didn't deserve to die.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Not to mention some of these:

I think that might have been the picture I used to show ex-mrs HAB the new kit I was having delivered to our condo. My desk was in our main area and I said there was plenty of room for the new kit beside it. I tried to convince her that she would get used to the noise and that she would hardly notice the cut backs we had to make in spending so that we could pay for the additional cost of the air-conditioning.

She fell for it hook line and sinker and went into one for hours. She went to work and complained to her work mates about it. Lunch time she came home to find .......

.. all I had ordered and got delivered was a wireless base station.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
              X