• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very possible Northern Lights display over UK tonight.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very possible Northern Lights display over UK tonight.

Just a quick heads up - if you are out and about tonight from 22:00pm onwards look to the North and check to see if you can see the Northern lights. Clearly the further North you are based (located) then the better are your chaces of seeing it

Right now there is a coronal mass ejection (oh err!) from the sun that *could * produce one of the best aura displays over the UK for years...
    Last edited by wxman; 4 August 2010, 20:54.
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Originally posted by wxman View Post
    Just a quick heads up - if you are out and about tonight from 22:00pm onwards look to the North and check to see if you can see the Northern lights. clearly the further North you are based then the better are ayour chaces of seeing it

Right now there is a coronal mass ejection (oh err!) from the sun that *could * produce one of the best aura displays over the UK for years...
    Anxiously hoping the clouds will clear a bit, would be a shame to miss this.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Clearish blue sky here at the moment but I'm probably too far south to see anything, like last night.

Comment

Right. I'm going to pop across to the local racecourse and climb the hill in the middle. That way I can see the entire horizon.

Will report back in an hour.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Right. I'm going to pop across to the local racecourse and climb the hill in the middle. That way I can see the entire horizon.

Will report back in an hour.
          The counting thread.............tsk tsk...............FFS!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Here's hoping ... but I doubt it.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Glug glug glug. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Glug glug glug. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h!
                Will you two just go for a pint!

Now - has anyone seen anything yet?
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Has anyone had any sights?Up in Newcastle and its fairly cloud free but nothing seen yet!!

Comment

I live in Northumberland and the sky is very clear tonight (almost no cloud), my house has fantastic views being on the side of a hill and I can see.........

.... fook all. It's still daylight this far north.

Comment

Working...
                    X