• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wave Goodbye to Google Wave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wave Goodbye to Google Wave

From the Google blog:
    "Wave has not seen the user adoption we would have liked. We don’t plan to continue developing Wave as a standalone product, but we will maintain the site at least through the end of the year and extend the technology for use in other Google projects."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Indeed

I could never really work out what to do with it, despite being an early adopter. dang65 posted some good ideas on that thread about potential uses, but after the initial buzz the groundswell wasn't there. Just another boo.com

Comment

Android seems to be on the up though...

Comment

Lots of people seem to think everything Google does will turn to gold, it's reassuring to see that this is not the case with Wave and Buzz. Although Google are still pushing Buzz, trying to build GoogleFace on top of it.

My PlanB was sort of similar to Wave (but independently inspired). Not sure to be pleased Google considered 'my' idea worth investing $millions in, or concerned they dropped it. On the other hand mine doesn't want or need millions of users, a few thousand corporate users would do fine
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I shall be bleedin annoyed if Android doesn't take, off having started to spend so much time on it.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Despite Google's slightly devious approach to open-source, Android appears very strong; HTC in particular are consistently making great phones and have been since competing with iPhone 1. I think you're on a safe bet there.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I shall be bleedin annoyed if Android doesn't take, off having started to spend so much time on it.

I think you'll be ok

Google Android overtakes iPhone in US
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                X