• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you are tulip at evereything else

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are tulip at evereything else

then you get a career as an employment agent (or estate agent).

Discuss

My spelling is cr@p btw

If I can 6 people into a job at an average take of 15%, I wouldnt have to work again! (or until one of them finishes anyway)

Comment

Are you a management consultant?

You've just told me something I already knew!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
        My spelling is cr@p btw

speling

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Are you a management consultant?

You've just told me something I already knew!
          Sorry but I just find the majority of them clueless liars and f***wits.

Comment

You've come to the right place then. Plenty of kindred spirits round these here parts!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Are they regulated by anybody. I was approached about a contract role for a Finance Director and I know **** all about Finance. "Financial" was a word in my cv. But then again so is NPfIT.. aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The majority of the ones I deal with are mid twenties graduates with probably NO WORK OR INDUSTRY experience.
              Last edited by The Central Scrutinizer; 6 August 2010, 12:16.

Comment

UK Recruiter

"I want to canvass opinion on this situation I have been presented with today.

I have a contractor with a client - he has been there 6 months and I am making just under 100% margin on him - about £300 per day.

My client loves him (albeit not in a gay way) and the contractor is very happy.

The client has today made me an offer to take him on permanently and pay him £125,000 a year. He will pay my standard terms of 35% of basic, but the contractor says he will only consider it if I give him half the fee.

If I refuse to facilitate the permanent placement, the client will give my contractor his notice - 5 days from today it will be over.

If I make the placement, I will be lose the ongoing revenue and give away nearly £22k of the fee to the contractor.

I'm fairly confident the contractor knows the terms I have with the client so I am thinking of offering him £10k and keeping £33,750 for myself.

What would you do? "

Is this a wind up? His email address is [email protected] according to the properties on his username of "This Charming Man"
                Last edited by The Central Scrutinizer; 8 August 2010, 21:53.

Comment

UK Recruiter

"I want to canvass opinion on this situation I have been presented with today.

I have a contractor with a client - he has been there 6 months and I am making just under 100% margin on him - about £300 per day.

My client loves him (albeit not in a gay way) and the contractor is very happy.

The client has today made me an offer to take him on permanently and pay him £125,000 a year. He will pay my standard terms of 35% of basic, but the contractor says he will only consider it if I give him half the fee.

If I refuse to facilitate the permanent placement, the client will give my contractor his notice - 5 days from today it will be over.

If I make the placement, I will be lose the ongoing revenue and give away nearly £22k of the fee to the contractor.

I'm fairly confident the contractor knows the terms I have with the client so I am thinking of offering him £10k and keeping £33,750 for myself.

What would you do? "

Is this a wind up? His email address is [email protected] according to the properties on his username of "This Charming Man"
                  Hmmm

Comment

then you get a career as an employment agent (or estate agent).

Discuss
                    A young chap rang me the other week from an agency, he's been in recruitment for 5 months and prior to that he had been an estate agent, now that's a proper apprenticeship...

Comment

Working...
                    X